ASUS P5W DH vs Intel D975XBXLKR ATX Motherboard

mcurtin

Aug 19, 2006
As I look to build a new C2D system, I see that the Asus board seems to be a top choice of many on this forum and others across the internet. Why is there little or no enthusiasm for the Intel offering for their new chips? I'm really quite a newbie so would appreciate some insights on this. Thanks.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Intel mobos did get alot of attention at first. Particularly the BadAxe mobo. ASUS has been doing a better job of BIOS updates making them more stable than Intel. I think thats why attention is now turned to the ASUS mobo. The ASUS 1101 Bios update has alot of people using the P5W DH with the E6600 and above chips. I have a P5W DH and a E6400 coming in a couple days. Cant wait to try them out.

jose

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
My friend has a p5w-dh w/ a e6600 and can't overclock at all w/out corrupting his raid 0 or 5 or single drive...

If I build a conroe system, I'll wait for DFI...

Regards,
Jose

phillyman36

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2004
I have the Intel 975 badaxe now. im waiting for the P5w dh i ordered which i should get Thursday. The bios options arent as plentiful for the Intel as they are for the Asus mobo. The intel mobo is stable sort of a set it and forget it. The reason im going to switch is beacuse the asus board comes with more bells and whistles so to speak. The temp and fan speed monitoring on the asus board is better. Check with the other more experienced members. the Intel board does have some overclocking options so it depends on what you are going to do ie overclock, do you monitor you temps etc etc.