Asus K95VJ-YZ10H does not want to install second drive?

bgt

Oct 6, 2007
I want to install a SSD in the front HDD place but it does not see sata port 1 in bios. It only sees 0 and 2. Is it disabled somewhere? There is a sata connector in place only no 2,5" holder for the ssd. Nice notebook BTW....truly fast for a notebook.

Last edited:

jules13

May 2, 2020
Hi, I see this is an old post, but this is the only mention with the identical problem I have.
Did you or someone else please solved this issue?

I opened the laptop to look at the motherboard (model LA-882) to see if something is not connected. But the 2nd drive Sata port is soldered, so can't figure out what to do.
Any help toward a solution is much appreciated.

bgt

Oct 6, 2007
Oh..........thats a long time ago, I forgot what solved it, sorry:)

jules13

May 2, 2020
Ok, indeed very old, but this laptop still makes a fine desktop replacement if I could get the second Sata port working.

Reactions: bgt

jules13

May 2, 2020
Ok, indeed very old, but this laptop still makes a fine desktop replacement if I could get the second Sata port working.
Update, I got the port working by using a programmer to erase the Bios chip and upload the previous version of Bios. All good now.
I sport 3 Samsung 860 SSDs now in it.
1 SSD in the drive bay, works at SATA 2 speed, 290MBs sustained read/write
2 SSDs in the Sata 3 ports,in RAID 0 in Windows, I use them for Virtual Machines and need the extra throughput (in Atto benchmark I get 740 MBs sequential write, IOPs galore)