Asus K61ic God help all who own it. Maybe someone can help me.

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by Tarvaln, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Tarvaln

Tarvaln Senior member

My girlfriend has a Asus k61IC. She has both a screen flicker/color issue and the famous pause/short freeze issue.

I am hoping that I can fix the screen issues by making sure the cable is properly connected. I have already checked the connection on the motherboard/video card and it is fine. Do I need to know anything more about the screen tear down than what is posted here: How to Remove Replace Install your Asus K Series K61ic Laptop LCD Screen ?

The freezing issues seems to be something of a mystery. I read the forum topic at the Asus site here.

There are some suggestions that don't pan out and one guy said replacing the video card "might" work. I can't really find a solution to the problem anywhere. Does anyone know of one?

Also, does anyone know a full disassemble guide to that laptop? I found a few but, they only go until you get to the main fan. I'm not sure how to get that thing out.

Thanks for any help.

#1 Tarvaln, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Loading...