Article "Asus, Gigabyte Lower Motherboard Projections, Bemoan Lost GPU Bundles" - Tom's

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-gigabyte-lower-motherboard-projections
According to the report, Asus and Gigabyte have approximately 70% of the motherboard market and they both expect sales volumes to drop by approximately 25% compared to 2021. The publication says this is due in part to the end of GPU bundling with motherboards along with demand shrinkage in the Chinese DIY market.

If they now aren't going to force a bundle purchase, how am I going to get my $600 "mid-range" motherboard and $1k RTX 3060ti video card? ;)

As greedy as many computer component manufacturers became over the last two years, it's hard to shed a tear for their projected lower profits.

Maybe if they priced components in a more reasonably they'd sell more of them......

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Notice that they failed to mention the cost increase of motherboards at retail, contributing to the lower sales numbers. As if we didn't notice the cost increase.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Now a person can't even expect to get the latest onboard audio solution when shelling out for a $300 - $400 motherboard.

They just went full stupid on the price increase over the last few years.

I paid $170 for an Asrock Taichi Z270 motherboard in 2017, and for the Z690 version, it's currently priced at $480.

I know things cost more, and inflation blah, blah, blah, but don't tell me that's increased by 167% in five years. o_O