Asus GeForce GTX 460 Direct CU TOP 768MB

Benny S

Sep 22, 2010
Receive Asus GeForce GTX 460 Direct CU TOP 768MB on 2010 Sep 20. Upon open packaging found card was not in a anti static bag. Contact supplier told "that this range is not supplied in anti static bags and the polystyrene/plastic packaging is in fact anti static" ; apperantly he check another card to confirm. I find this very strange , could this be confirmed plz?? ; the plastic/polystyrene black packing around the grahpics card. Or have I been sent a used or return graphics card ; from youtube video's and review's of this model all come in anti static bags, but they could have changed? Please any input would be good thanks

Flipped Gazelle

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2004
Receive Asus GeForce GTX 460 Direct CU TOP 768MB on 2010 Sep 20. Upon open packaging found card was not in a anti static bag. Contact supplier told "that this range is not supplied in anti static bags and the polystyrene/plastic packaging is in fact anti static" ; apperantly he check another card to confirm. I find this very strange , could this be confirmed plz?? ; the plastic/polystyrene black packing around the grahpics card. Or have I been sent a used or return graphics card ; from youtube video's and review's of this model all come in anti static bags, but they could have changed? Please any input would be good thanks

I don't know about your specific card, but I have received brand new video cards and motherboards without anti-static bags. Memory and CPUs, too.

Anti-static plastic containers are popular these days.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002

First, welcome to our forums! My 2 eVGA GTX 460 1GB came in a plastic case so I think your card came in packaged better than mine. Enjoy it and don't worry about nothin'!

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
yes, as long as the card is working properly and doesn't appear to be used you are gtg.

Benny S

Sep 22, 2010
Thanks for the welcome FalseChristain ; I should been more specfic in my orginal question it came in polystyrene internal packaging only identical to the following youtube video (althrought this is not my upload) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvx5l7nfPYk

Were all other reviews / video's of any Asus grahics cards come in anti static bags :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjYIsk5vWAE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywVnBv_V1RUall

Any important would be help ; if the component has be RMA who knowns what could happen to with prevoius user