Asus CUBX and P3v4x motherboards: ps2 mouse not seen in device manager!

pjs

Oct 10, 1999
On my Asus CUBX motherboard and also on my Asus p3v4x motherboard (latest bioses), in System > device manager, there is no listing for the mouse (a ps/2 mouse). The mouse is working fine.

Furthermore, in System >device manager > computer >properties, the irq associated with the ps/2 mouse port, irq 12, has "no description available" associated with it.

It seems as though the mouse and the ps/2 port is working fine, but for some reason the operating system can not properly identify the hardware. This is strange, because the two motherboards that the CUBX and the P3v4x replaced (abit bh6 and soyo ba-III) identified the ps/2 mouse properly.

Is there something in the bios setup that is not configured properly?? There is only one bios setting in regards to the ps2 port and neither setting changes the above "problem". Is this a "feature" of these motherboards?

I have been e-mailing Asus off-and-on for months and have never received a reply. I guess that when they get your money, they couldn't care less about the customer.

Thanks,

Paul