Question ASUS Cerberus 1050 ti oc edition crash

Cycokiller970

Jul 11, 2021
Hello i have a 1050 ti oc edition i had no problems like this before and key word i have less or no thermal paste on the gpu and recently my system would crash sometimes i could still hear the system sounds its just windows losses connection to my gpu some how and restarts system and sometimes when it crashes there will be either blackout screen sometimes pink random colours and then when the pc crashes and turns off my gpu fans would go 100% speed for few seconds and then system will restart sometimes bios will boot like crazy and turn off and sometimes it wiill start
Now i am confused that my intregrated gpu on my gigabyte 78lmt s2pt rev 4.2 i touched the gpu and it was hot i could say 50° c so my question is should i send the gpu in warranty and ps i have a old zotac gt 710 2 gb i plug that in and theres no crash none until now that i have noticed please help i cant afford to buy anything new i have a crossair 550w smps and 8 gigs of ram 4gx4g sticks1600mhz
Explain me whatever needs to be done i will do it i cleaned my pc board evrything with kerosene and gpu also still the same issue is this a thermal paste issue why i dont think its that is sometimes i can play games for hours and hours and it wont crash the gpu would go upto 65° sometimes 70 in summer and it crashes also when the gpu is around 38 - 42 °c why is this happening is this a hummidity issue thank you

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
If you plug in a different card and the issues go away you have likely one of two issues:

Your PSU is borked.
Your GPU is borked.

Given you have a pretty good quality PSU and a relatively low power card, I suspect your 1050 It's time has come.

I don't understand what you're saying about thermal paste, but you definitely need to make sure that any surfaces where your card's cooler contacts either the GPU core or the memory have some sort of thermal transfer material in place (usually paste for the GPU and thermal pads for the memory).

Running without these will make your card down clock like crazy in an attempt not to cook itself to death, and some lower power cards might be able to limp by for a time in this state but it will eventually kill them.

Cycokiller970

Jul 11, 2021
If you plug in a different card and the issues go away you have likely one of two issues:

Your PSU is borked.
Your GPU is borked.

Given you have a pretty good quality PSU and a relatively low power card, I suspect your 1050 It's time has come.

I don't understand what you're saying about thermal paste, but you definitely need to make sure that any surfaces where your card's cooler contacts either the GPU core or the memory have some sort of thermal transfer material in place (usually paste for the GPU and thermal pads for the memory).

Running without these will make your card down clock like crazy in an attempt not to cook itself to death, and some lower power cards might be able to limp by for a time in this state but it will eventually kill them.

Thank you the thing about thermal paste is i had some which came with my fx6300 and it all got used up so once i get some paste ill try and let you know what happens current state of paste on my gpu is like completly dry and a bit like solid and ps my cabinate is bad and not much better airflow like the modern ones so in summer the whole cabinate goes around 40° c any way i could solve the issue on this 1050 ti i checked for warranty and its available till september 2021 but the issue is i open the gpu my self and cleaned it so did i break the agreement will they fix/replace it if i send it to the asus service center
them

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i break the agreement will they fix/replace it if i send it to the asus service center

what country are you located in?
In the US those stickers mean very little, and you are allowed to break them.
However with ASUS, they will immediately point fingers at you breaking the card.
Since its 1050 tho, they may just replace it, possibly even give you an upgrade to a 1660 if they don't have any 1050's.
1050 is EOL'd and the cards you see in the market right now are back stock items that got lost somewhere and found.