Asus A8N-SLI Premium question

Lob

Oct 25, 2004
I'm currently using the onboard Lan device for the internet but I was wondering... under the bios it has NV Lan (which I have enabled and using) and onboard lan boot rom which is disabled. Do I need to enable it and what does it do?

Also regarding Cool'n'Quiet and Q-fan... should I enable these too?

I have AMD x2 4400+

And more questions (sorry!)... anyone know why when I have my D-Link DFE-550TX installed... windows crash/blue screens ONLY when I plug in my network cable to the card? If I leave the cable unplugged it sees the card fine and nothing happens. The card works fine in my older computer (asus p4b266). I even had the onboard lan disabled. Also I tried another card Netgear FA311.. worked fine browsing the web and what not. But when I used the blizzard bittorent patch downloader... it got about 15mb then crashed. This too is with the onboard lan disabled (also works fine in old computer). I'm guessing these are too old of cards to use?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

stability99

Dec 17, 2005
In daily use, you don't need enable BOot ROm for your NIC, except you use Lan system management in your house.

Cool n Quiet and Qfan for auto control fan speed over temperature. You can enable it for less noisy and electric economic, but you need the new driver from Microsoft and Nvidia, choose what you feel safe. Mostly, Qfan is Yes, and Turn off Cool n Quiet if you have incompatibility in your softwares.

About your laptop NIC, you cannot use one to other compt. Microsoft give you the right only 1 NIC per comp. Remember that. Besides, there's many factors in your compatibility for Ex: chipset, USB 1 or 2, drivers...find yourself if you can.

Happy New Year

caz67

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2004
Hi,

I don't use either Qfan or Cool n Quiet, i found that i have never needed them.