Assuming there really ARE two immortal beings...wouldn't it be cool...

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
...to be one or the other? The Good Guy or the Bad Guy?

Bruce Almighty, the newest Jim Carrey flick, prompted this thread. :) What I disliked about that flick was that they didn't show the other guy...you know; the other side? :evil:

Think of the possibilities, on EITHER side. To be omnipotent, but to have an equal on the other side of the fence. You make the sun come out, he makes it rain. You make flowers grow, he starts a forest fire. You bring an entire species into existance, he makes a comet hit the planet.

Discuss...I'll watch....:)

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD

Bruce Almighty, the newest Jim Carrey flick, prompted this thread. :) What I disliked about that flick was that they didn't show the other guy...you know; the other side? :evil:

Think of the possibilities, on EITHER side. To be omnipotent, but to have an equal on the other side of the fence. You make the sun come out, he makes it rain. You make flowers grow, he starts a forest fire. You bring an entire species into existance, he makes a comet hit the planet.

Didn't Adam Sandler do a film where he played the son of the devil?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

Yep; Little Nicky. Funny as all hell!!!

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

Yep; Little Nicky. Funny as all hell!!!

well there you go, new idea for a movie, Little Nicky meets Bruce Almighty.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
If you were the good guy it would probably get annoying quickly. If you were the bad guy it would be amusing for slightly longer.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

Rain is good. Forest fires encourage new growth. Comets eliminate mistakes. :)

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Um, both sides are most certainly NOT equal. God created 3 groups of angels. Lucifer (I think) was the most beautiful angel that God made, so beautiful in fact that he thought that he was better than God and sat on God's throne (or something like that). As punishment, God sent Lucifer away. Lucifer took 1/3 of the Angels God created with him.

So the devil is actually the most beautiful angel God ever created, but is still only an angel.

God > Angels

Not trying to crap, but just thought I would set the record straight.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Mak0602
there is only a good guy if there is a bad guy :)
ponder about that for a second.

Ah, yes. This is the statement I love to pose to the "halo sporting set." :D They despise it when I overturn their precious applecart.

There can be no heaven without a hell... Oh, but there's no such thing as hell, right? :Q

That would mean there is no heaven...and NO JESUS! :Q OM(X)<--insert deity of choice here. :Q

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Um, both sides are most certainly NOT equal. God created 3 groups of angels. Lucifer (I think) was the most beautiful angel that God made, so beautiful in fact that he thought that he was better than God and sat on God's throne (or something like that). As punishment, God sent Lucifer away. Lucifer took 1/3 of the Angels God created with him.

So the devil is actually the most beautiful angel God ever created, but is still only an angel.

God > Angels

Not trying to crap, but just thought I would set the record straight.

Can the record be proven? You speak like it is fact.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: apac
There can only be one...

Highlander, circa 1984 or so...in the MOVIE THEATER. Yes, it was in the movies before it was on cable TV...I know you find that hard to believe. :p

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Give 'em both flamethrowers, one Nissan apiece (with a coke in the cupholder), and let Bruce Lee choose his side.

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Assuming you were still sadled with a human mentality, you'd be bored out of your mind in no time flat! If you're the man upstairs, there's nothing you wouldn't know, simply because you've built the whole system. Of course there's always the fact that you could modify things to make them more interesting... As for the one in the basement, well, he's been around almost as long and so would probably come pretty close in terms of knowledge. As his goal is upsetting the order of things, that might provide enjoyment for a while, though the lack of ability to create new things and modify existing things would be a problem later.

LOL!!! @ Howard's quote

-- Jack

It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.
-- Arthur C. Clarke

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie
Assuming you were still sadled with a human mentality, you'd be bored out of your mind in no time flat! If you're the man upstairs, there's nothing you wouldn't know, simply because you've built the whole system. Of course there's always the fact that you could modify things to make them more interesting... As for the one in the basement, well, he's been around almost as long and so would probably come pretty close in terms of knowledge. As his goal is upsetting the order of things, that might provide enjoyment for a while, though the lack of ability to create new things and modify existing things would be a problem later.

LOL!!! @ Howard's quote

-- Jack

It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.
-- Arthur C. Clarke

Exactly What I was thinking.

inciteful quote:D