Assassin's Creed bundle on Humble Bundle

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I'm a complete edition sort of person, these do not scratch that itch.

Also no Revelations, so you don't even get to finish Ezio's story.

It was almost worth looking past requiring Uplay.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Ya, I just saw these are on Uplay and came to post that. I already bought them - guess it's not worth a refund over the issue but very unfortunate.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Any of these games actually worth playing given that they are on uplay ?

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
It's funny, Ubisoft is one of the companies that most often creates Humble Bundles. And I never buy any of them because of UPlay. It's a shame really, but I refuse to support UPlay.

If they could be activated on Steam and did not require UPlay at all, I'd buy them.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I thought about it and find uplay inconvenient as a different program to run but hard to think of another reason to hate it. If anything it's usually some benefit to not have monopolies like Steam.

Not that it has much impact since it's not really a competitor, it's only for their games. But couldn't really see why to not take a great deal over the uplay issue.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I managed to avoid uplay up to last year when they started offering free games.

It's one of the least polished launchers, especially considering the size of the company.

But I install what I need to play my games, for the most part.
Steam
gog.com Galaxy
Origin
UPlay
Bethesda Launcher
Epic Launcher
battle.net
bigfishgames launcher

No R* launcher for me yet, I don't know if I'm missing any. Steam and gog galaxy are my preferred launchers, using the others as needed.

Having one place is nice and all, but I'd leave that one place to be a third party app and not try to support creating a monopoly.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Won't use Uplay. Too bad, because I would like to play Far Cry 4, but can do without. Played FC 1 and 2 before the UPlay requirement. Do like GOG, Steam and Origin.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
They could pay me and I'd still not install uplay. The latest anno series looked interesting, but I just couldn't get myself to install them with DRM and uplay.

Reactions: energee