ASRock Z97 Pro4: Safe Operating & Max Temp ?

crockman

May 15, 2005
Speccy Snapshot https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqU-_2Izc9HwhcxpMwKmZKWfhDYjwQ

25c Ambient Room Temp at time of Snapshot

That Snapshot was taken whilst playing World of Warcraft (WoW)

The CPU, GPU & Storage Temps are Fine, correct ?
I have seen the CPU Temp go as high as 55c, GPU as high as 61c

I have not been able to find a good answer on what is an Acceptable Temp for my ASRock Z97 Motherboard
By Acceptable I mean; What Safe Temp for the Z97 can I run on a continuous bases when playing MMO's such as WoW for Hours-upon-end ?
And what's Max Motherboard Temperature I can accept before considering Shut-down ?

Thanks

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Only 40c and you're concerned? You have very good CPU and GPU temps, so not sure what prompted the concern about the chipset temps? Are you experiencing crashes or instability? If not, just enjoy playing your games.

You need not worry because you will never come anywhere near the max.

40c is extremely acceptable. If you want to see the tech specs for your chipset, you'll need to read up Intel tech documents. However, I believe the answer is stay below 110c.

crockman

May 15, 2005
Thanks for the reply.

I knew the Max Temp for the i5 was 72c, for the RX 470, 90c

But i could not find anywhere online the Published Max Temp for my ASRock Z97.

I kind of figured my Temps were fine, but wanted to see some documentation on what my ASRock Max Temp literally is.

Thanks again for the Reply.

Btw. The Listed Motherboard Temp Reading on Speccy comes from where, the MB Chipset ?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Thanks for the reply.

I knew the Max Temp for the i5 was 72c, for the RX 470, 90c

But i could not find anywhere online the Published Max Temp for my ASRock Z97.

I kind of figured my Temps were fine, but wanted to see some documentation on what my ASRock Max Temp literally is.

Thanks again for the Reply.

Btw. The Listed Motherboard Temp Reading on Speccy comes from where, the MB Chipset ?

It's located directly on the PCH. Additionally, I think your particular CPU doesn't have any concerns until it hits 90c. However most people like to keep it under 70c. From what I saw, most OC reviewers hit around 75c pushing the CPU. But since you aren't anywhere near that, it's nothing to be concerned about.