Asrock Z77 Professional - cant wake from sleep :(

alex_markov

Aug 4, 2012
Recently i made upgrade on my home PC, both Asrock Z77 Professional + i7 3770K, the rest stays the same (2 x 8 GB Geil 1600, PSU CM 1000W, SSD A-DATA SX910 256GB etc.), OS is Windows 7 x64 (from previous installation) .
Everything seems OK, But when i put my PC in sleep it CANT wake after - Fan's are truing to start 1-3 times and then system starts from scratches - no resume:(
I wrote ASRock support - no answer, please help me, might be i am doing something wrong with BIOS settings (UEFI;))?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Recently i made upgrade on my home PC, both Asrock Z77 Professional + i7 3770K, the rest stays the same (2 x 8 GB Geil 1600, PSU CM 1000W, SSD A-DATA SX910 256GB etc.), OS is Windows 7 x64 (from previous installation) .
Everything seems OK, But when i put my PC in sleep it CANT wake after - Fan's are truing to start 1-3 times and then system starts from scratches - no resume:(
I wrote ASRock support - no answer, please help me, might be i am doing something wrong with BIOS settings (UEFI;))?

Check the AsRock web-site for download page pertaining to your mobo. See if there are later BIOS revisions more recent than the one you have, and check to see if such a revision may have corrected the "wake/sleep" feature.

Also, are you trying to overclock your system? I have no direct point of reference per the Ivy Bridge processors; I'm running a Sandy Bridge. But with the SB, getting system to wake from sleep-state at speeds over 4.5Ghz was a similar problem, and it was corrected in a BIOS revision.