Question ASRock X570 Taichi Razer... Video support???

kirkdickinson

Oct 22, 2015
I have all the parts here for a new computer except a decent video card. I have some older cards but they aren't very good. I have decent card in my older computer, (GeForce RTX 2070 Super) but until I decommission that computer, it is still being used.

When I put the motherboard into the case, I noticed that it has an HDMI port on it. Looking in the manual I see where it says:
"Integrated AMD Radeon Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*
* Actual support may vary by CPU"

I have a Ryzen 9 5900X for this motherboard.

How do I know if the video is supported or not?

Feb 4, 2009
Pretty much if your processor ends with a g
like 3200g

you are still better off with a 2070 Super. The video versions are good for built in graphics but not good compared to mid range of better discrete cards.
however with the weird state of cards I guess you’d be better with a 3200g vs something else with a gtx750

Reactions: kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

Oct 22, 2015
Pretty much if your processor ends with a g
like 3200g

you are still better off with a 2070 Super. The video versions are good for built in graphics but not good compared to mid range of better discrete cards.
however with the weird state of cards I guess you’d be better with a 3200g vs something else with a gtx750

Thanks. I was starting to think that it didn't support video. Guess it is time to dig into a parts box for something temporary to use. Don't want to pull the 2070 Super from my current working workstation until I have the new computer completely set up with all my programs installed and all the bugs worked out that are inevitable with every new system.

Price on video cards is crazy. This 2070 Super that I bought in 2019 is now almost 3x what I paid for it then.

What is the best bang for the buck video card for this AMD/Ryzen/Asrock setup? I will be mostly running Photoshop/Lightroom/Premiere/Vegas/many more. No games at all.

Feb 4, 2009
Thanks. I was starting to think that it didn't support video. Guess it is time to dig into a parts box for something temporary to use. Don't want to pull the 2070 Super from my current working workstation until I have the new computer completely set up with all my programs installed and all the bugs worked out that are inevitable with every new system.

Price on video cards is crazy. This 2070 Super that I bought in 2019 is now almost 3x what I paid for it then.

What is the best bang for the buck video card for this AMD/Ryzen/Asrock setup? I will be mostly running Photoshop/Lightroom/Premiere/Vegas/many more. No games at all.
Problem is any decent card is going to run $600 plus and that is for something like a 1660 super. Get into the Nvidia 30xx range you are talking over $2k.
AMD pricing is similar. Sadly I cannot help with this question simply because the card market is so screwy for the last 8 months.

kschendel

Aug 1, 2018
See what you can find used. RX 570/580 would probably be OK, as would a 1060 (ideally 6GB).

If you just need something to run a desktop until you stabilize things, GT 710's can be found fairly cheap used, also HD 6450 and similar older AMD cards. I don't imagine that you can do much actual photoshop with either, but maybe some simple stuff to prove that it's working.

If you want something new and sorta-kinda usable for actual work, a GT 1030 might get you through the tight spots without scalping your wallet too badly.