Question ASRock X570 Pro 4 M.2 heatsink screw lost

Mikee123

Jun 15, 2020
After putting the M.2 disk in, I tried fixing the heatsink which comes with the mobo onto the M.2 drive. But the screws are so tiny, I managed to loose one. I found M.2 screws on Ebay, but they are not the right ones they have bigger threads and are longer. Any idea what they are and how I can get a spare one ? At the moment my heatsink is only fixed with one screw, so probably not ideal. The M.2 drive temperature is 50 C with light load

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
it's literally an M2 type metric screw that you can buy at any hardware store for under a dollar for a bag of several. it's 3 mm long. if they don't have 3 mm you can buy a 5 mm and go over to the plumbing section for some small o-rings or nylon washers to use as a spacer between the drive stick and the screw head.

Reactions: thesmokingman

imported_Husky55

Aug 15, 2004
I also lost my M2 screw for the ASRock MB. I did find a replacement screw but it's not a real match. Would the hardware store clerk know what a M2 screw is, or should I specify the diameter + the 3mm length.

Feb 4, 2009
Tip for those moving forward. I’ve learned that when dealing with tiny screws best process is to stick some tape down with sticky side up. Place the tiny screws on the tape as you remove them.
Old machinist guy gave me that tip, also when doing something complicated like an iPhone screen replacement you are able to lay the screws out in order of how they were removed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY