"ASRock Revenue Surge Coming, Thanks to Bigger Bets on AMD" - Tom's

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asrock-amd-revenue-growth-motherboards-2020
ASRock, one of the largest motherboard makers, has seen a 31.6% year-over-year surge in revenue, achieving a record-high of NT$13.415 billion (US$443.16 million), and that momentum is expected to grow this year, mostly thanks to motherboards with AMD chipsets representing a larger percentage of shipments, according to unnamed sources in a DigiTimes report today.
It looks like all those pricey X570 motherboards have paid off.

I'm a fan of (most) Asrock motherboards, as I've had really good luck with them. After primarily using Gigabyte for many years, and moving on from them because of BIOS issues, most of the time the decision now comes down to either Asus or Asrock.

Reactions: lightmanek

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
You'd have had to been crazy not to but bets on Ryzen succeeding... I'm sure most manufacturers and OEM's have enjoyed some revenue increase.

ASRock certainly has good BIOS support, as well as build quality on most Ryzen-compatible products. I'm still loving my X370 board which is just under 3 years old! o_O

Reactions: lightmanek

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I have been emailing with asrock support for days on a bproblem with my EPYC motherboard. I get daily or more than one a day emails and with beta bios, etc. I can't even get a tech support person from Supermicro. You ccan't email them without a corporate account. So its no wonder they are doing tell. Not to mention, I have 2011-3, x399 and am4 motherboards from them, most of my fleet.

Reactions: curryloti

Charlie22911

Mar 19, 2005
I’ve had 3 ASRock boards in the last 3 years, all rock solid with great support.

The 4 MSI boards I’ve had have been *okay*, with my x99 board having wacky bios issues. Which were only fixed by a unreleased beta bios pointed out to me by a forum user here.

I’ve had 6 ASUS boards and *every* one has either died or killed a component (looking at you x99, RIP 3x CPUs).

It’s good to see ASRock has come up as a powerful contender with quality product, I’ve been quite frustrated up until I got the x399TaiChi board. I’ll be sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Not surprised given Asus' and AsRock's history.
I never used Asrock when they were a subsidiary of Asus, or when they first were spun off.

The first time I bought one of their boards was during the z77 days (2012). Prior to that, most of the time I went with Gigabyte, and when the Asrock z77 motherboard began getting flaky after about 3 years, I went back to Gigabyte for its replacement. However, the 2 out 3 last three boards I bought have been Asrock. They've come a long way in quality since 2014 or so.

Outside of the insane RGB levels on their boards, I still think Gigabyte designs a great motherboard (quality wise), although they have pretty much ruined their "UD" motherboard lineup. Instead of being several mid-range products, it's now an entry-level single product offering. It's their software/BIOS side that has gotten pretty bad compared to their competition.

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I never used Asrock when they were a subsidiary of Asus, or when they first were spun off.

The first time I bought one of their boards was during the z77 days (2012). Prior to that, most of the time I went with Gigabyte, and when the Asrock z77 motherboard began getting flaky after about 3 years, I went back to Gigabyte for its replacement. However, the 2 out 3 last three boards I bought have been Asrock. They've come a long way in quality since 2014 or so.

Outside of the insane RGB levels on their boards, I still think Gigabyte designs a great motherboard (quality wise), although they have pretty much ruined their "UD" motherboard lineup. Instead of being several mid-range products, it's now an entry-level single product offering. It's their software/BIOS side that has gotten pretty bad compared to their competition.

Yeah the UD line is now budget tier but Asus has done the same with their Tuf boards. Not sure why they don't just retire/rename rather than water them down.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
One of my ASROCK motherboard had some booting problems, they asked me to bring the system with power supply and they test it right in front of me and suggested that power supply does not have enough juice either in 5V or 12V rail (I can't remember which one) and they were right! Swapped the power supply with a new one and it's all fine.

Another time one motherboard's PCIe slot caused stability problem whenever I plug in an adapter (I probably shorted it somehow). I brought the motherboard to them and they asked me to pick up a brand new motherboard next day.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I’ve had 6 ASUS boards and *every* one has either died or killed a component (looking at you x99, RIP 3x CPUs).
Interesting that you should mention that. My B450-F ROG STRIX, "ate" an (Asus, no less!) 10GbE-T PCI-E x4 card in the bottom slot, and then went on to kill it's onboard 1GbE-T Intel chipset NIC.

Or maybe, it was because they were connected via a straight cable, to my networking cluster, that is plugged into a power strip (not a surge protector), into a UPS, into a different circuit in my apt.

Who knows. Not particularly happy about the situation, but none of my GPUs have been eaten in this board, thankfully. I popped in a PCI-E x1 RealTek 2.5GbE-T card I bought from a China-seller months ago for $20. That's still working, although...
... for the first time in a while, my PC and internet was going really slow. I rebooted, and then things were better again. Not sure what caused that, whether it was the board, my GPU, my overclock (fixed 4.0Ghz), or the RealTek Chinese NIC.

I mine on my rig, and the 4.0Ghz OC is roughly where the CPU was sitting on the auto-turbo setting (I have CPB turned OFF now), and I haven't had any issues with incorrect CPU shares or anything like that, so I feel that it is stable. In fact, rig seems overall more stable than with auto-turbo setting.