Question ASRock B365 Pro4

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Updated BIOS to latest 4.40. USB mouse and keyboard work in the BIOS. When booting from a Windows install disk the first screen asking language, etc the mouse and keyboard stop working.

Booting from the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows I get an ACPI error.

Booting from a Spotmau PowerSuite 2010 CD I have mouse on the first screen asking what I want. When I select boot from the CD it loads and on the first screen mouse and keyboard are dead.

For some reason, in the deep recesses of my 74 year old brain I think there is a connection between ACPI and USB mouse/keyboard. I may be wrong.

Ideas? Help?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I would simply boot to Linux to test the KB/Mouse to see if it's a HW issue or not. If it's not then double check settings in the BIOS to make sure you're not getting stopped by a setting.

Making media is easy to to with Rufus and when Rufus doesn't work there's other options like LinuxLive USB Creator / multibootusb / Ventoy ( doesn't work with some installs / does work with Linux / tools )

Ventoy is nice when it works as you just drop the ISO into the folder instead of making a bootable drive all over again with each image.

I recently upgraded the BIOS >> 6.03 on a Z690 Steel Legend and didn't have any issues with it. Maybe reflash the BIOS if something didn't take 100% or redownload the BIOS file again if still not working.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson