Aspire X-QPACK-AL/420 Case-Silver @ NewEgg - $69.99AR

JasonE4

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2005
Originally posted by: cooliodealio
Looks like a nice little case, but Aspire is a no-name brand. Can't trust it.
Yeah...:confused: The included PSU isn't even that bad anymore. Many people love this case. Good deal!

WorldTraveller

Apr 3, 2003

I don't know where you have been - Aspire is "NOT" a no-name brand. They are well known with decent products. I personally have owned the Aspire X-QPACK blue for about 4 months & I have nothing but praise for the case. Although I don't think the PSU is nothing to shout about (I did mean to replace it, but never got around to it), it has been working with no problems. For a small case, it has plenty of room wo work inside & ventilation.

I would recommend it for its looks, value/dollar quotient & performance!

WDEagle

Feb 15, 2005
Originally posted by: WorldTraveller

I don't know where you have been - Aspire is "NOT" a no-name brand. They are well known with decent products. I personally have owned the Aspire X-QPACK blue for about 4 months & I have nothing but praise for the case. Although I don't think the PSU is nothing to shout about (I did mean to replace it, but never got around to it), it has been working with no problems. For a small case, it has plenty of room wo work inside & ventilation.

I would recommend it for its looks, value/dollar quotient & performance!

If you google "Aspire x-qpack review" you will see quite a few reviews. Most of them reflect quite favorably on this little case.

EXAMPLE

WDEagle

Mar 11, 2004
Pair this with a nice little board such as the Biostar TForce-6100, and you can get quite a nice little system for not too much. Grab an Athlon 64 3200+ for about $150 (with the case and motherboard being about $150 together). Throw in a gig of valueram for about $75, and a nice sized hard drive for about another $75 or less, and then one of those cheap (~$50 or so) DVD-burners, and for $500 you'd have a nice little system that leaves plenty of room for upgrading, and should overclock decently.

Add a 7800GT and a decent 17" LCD and you'd have a very nice LAN system for about $1000.