asp include gonna make me shoot myself

dmurray14

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
oh man...

I took a page that is all HTML and renamed it to .asp, and now i'm trying to put in an "include" statement. As soon as I put that in (and it works...) the background and stuff don't work. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Dan

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: dmurray14
oh man...

I took a page that is all HTML and renamed it to .asp, and now i'm trying to put in an "include" statement. As soon as I put that in (and it works...) the background and stuff don't work. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Dan

what does your included page have on it? Does it have <html> start and end tags (or <body> tags)?

more importantly, does it have the </body> and </html> tags? (the file being included)

dmurray14

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
Originally posted by: jntdesign
more importantly, does it have the </body> and </html> tags? (the file being included)

yes, it has body and html tags...

I just don't see how including a page would make the background mouseover images screwed up...

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: dmurray14
Originally posted by: jntdesign

yes, it has body and html tags...

I just don't see how including a page would make the background mouseover images screwed up...

your final docuement (after the includes) will have multiple sets of <html> and <body> tags (and probably <head> tags). The browswer will have no idea how to render this. Take out the <html> and <body> tags from your included page.