Asking For owners of "NVIDIA Personal CINEMA"

MiamiJones

Jul 2, 2001
I have a few questions to ask you guys:
[*]1: Is the cable that the NPS uses to plug into the vid card S-Video?
[*]2: Can the NPS work wiht other versions of video cards say PNY GF4 TI4200??
[*]3: Can I buy just the NPS and not the GF card because I already have one?
[*]4: Where can I jsut buy the NPS and not the GF CarD?
[*]5: Will the NPS GF3 version work with the GF4 carD?

If you guys have anymore info please let me know.
I have a PNY Geforce 4 TI4200 which I would like t ouse the GEforce NPS on.

Thank you for your input.:)

AnAndAustin

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
;) Since nobody has answered you with specific advice and personal experience I'll try to help as best as I can.

1. I'm pretty sure it is slightly modified but in any case there must be extra hw on the gfx card itself to take advantage of NPC.

2. Provided the gfx card has the hw onboard to operate with NPC then manu doesn't matter, it is very unlikely a manu will put this hw on a card which isn't bundled with NPC.

3. I haven't seen one sold seperately once again it req specific hw to be onboard which ups the cost to the manu, so if you have the hw onboard you also get the NPC supplied.

4. You could try contacting nVidia personally and enquiring, but I think you'll be looking at having to sell your card on and purchasing a specific NPC bundle, mostly they come with GF2MX400 (yuk) but C___ USA do other nVidia card combis inc 4200. I hope some other companies also do this esp outside the US.

5. Yes, at least I'm very sure that all hw chips and interfaces are the same so it doesn't matter which type of GeForce card the NPC connects to but it moust obviously have the hw to use it on the gfx card itself.

MiamiJones

Jul 2, 2001
:) Thank you ...you cleared alot up. I found a US company called Compro man I haven't heard of it but it uses NPS technology from Nvidia.

AnAndAustin

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
:D Cool! I'm glad I helped a little, Compro USA hence 'C_ USA', couldn't quite rem the name and it didn't seem 100% relevant as I'm in the UK LOL! So you should be able to find out the specifics from them ... do they do the NPC seperately (without being bundled with a gfx card)?