Asian woman hit with a hammer in Hell’s Kitchen after mask confrontation

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I am derailing a thread about anti-Asian violence when you bring up Lebron Fucking James into this thread out of nowhere, which is the definition of derailing. You just proved you are a GQP'er because only a GQP'er would be so delusional to bring up Lebron James in the manner you did in a thread about Anti-Asian violence. So tell us, who did you support for president in 2020. You avoided that question. Did you support Trump?

This is what Lebron said 2 days ago "I fueled the wrong conversation about Ma’Khia Bryant and I owe it to her and this movement to change it."

Fueled the wrong conversation. It definitely implies he fucked up the conversation. How does one do that? By saying the wrong thing. Tied together with his earlier post about getting the facts right, while also mentioning himself, it's pretty clear he is saying he fucked up, while definitely not making a big simple 'I'm sorry I fucked up' statement. Could he do better? Sure.

In a thread about anti-Asian violence, you should be calling out the party that has fueled anti-Asian and anti-immigrant hate - which is why Korean American gold medalists are getting hate mail about how she is taking away medals from white American girls, or why a president and his movement call Covid the Kung-Flu and what not, fueling anti-Asian hate. But instead it's about Lebron to you, the most recent target of the Fox News right wing Trumphumping media. Gee I wonder what you are.

I did NOT support DT or GOP. Search for my posts and you will see I said several times that D or R, they are just different side on the same coin (see my party affiliation/tend to vote for yet?). I also told another poster that he is just like DT, has no right to be critical of say anything about another poster, as DT has no right to say anything about be respectful to women (grab her by the p**** comment by DT or how rude/crude DT could be ). I also said it several times that it does not matter who you are, you should follow the rules and laws as anyone else and if you don't, then the hammer of the law should be on you with no mercy.....ie...you attacked someone for fun = in jail...you attacked the Capital = in jail. No excuses whether you are white/black/gay/straight/tall/short/<fill in the blank>. Full Stop. Nada. Zip.

Search for my posts and you will see multiple instances of my support of minorities/non whites when they were right or truly were victims of wrong doings but not the false narrative being pushed out by the mainstream media outlets.

Maybe I need to start yelling and cussing and calling people with nasty names and insults to show my "critical thinking" and yelling x is good, y is bad for my party affiliation?

In the meanwhile, still waiting for a few posts from me in support of DT/GOP/rightwingers. Anytime now, right?

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
@Svnla won't ever answer direct questions directly.
He enjoys tip-toeing around, deflecting and playing games with words and semantics, including pretending to not support ideas and people that he clearly does.

Ask him who he voted for in 2020?

"Look through my posts"

As if that answers the question. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JD50

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
@Svnla won't ever answer direct questions directly.
He enjoys tip-toeing around, deflecting and playing games with words and semantics, including pretending to not support ideas and people that he clearly does.

Ask him who he voted for in 2020?

"Look through my posts"

As if that answers the question. :rolleyes:

Did you see this?
I did NOT support DT or GOP......................I said several times that D or R, they are just different side on the same coin (see my party affiliation/tend to vote for yet?)

Should I do this instead?

Maybe I need to start yelling and cussing and calling people with nasty names and insults to show my "critical thinking" and yelling x is good, y is bad for my party affiliation?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Of course gullibility is favorable to Republicans. What the fuck are you smoking with a statement like that? Study after study has shown that conservatives fall for disinformation way more than liberals. It isn't even close.

But none of that is the point. The point I made to railer is that what he is saying amounts to "Black people can't do x or be x." You know, textbook racist statements. You seem to really want to defend that viewpoint. Have at it. I'll just point out that just because Republicans and Fox News give black people so many reasons to hate them on a daily basis does not mean that all of them are immune to some of the talking points that twang their amygdalas. Things like anti-Asian and pro-life messages seem to resonate with a lot of them.
Based on probabilities rather than absolutes, the most likely reason the blacks are attacking Asians are not the ones you want them to be. It is correct that asserting "a group can never do something" is simply not true.

It is clear however, that you have no intention of analyzing the individual cases regarding the actual why someone is willing to commit assault.

If they are religious, they are likely to be sympathetic towards the historical civil rights messages. Being pro-life is irrelevant to causing violence against Asians on the street.

Ghetto hood rats are not going to watch Faux News and if they're homeless, they have no tube to watch. The source of their hatred is more local. The reason they feel safe breaking bounds is simple: they're well-versed in sizing up who are non-threats; elderly and students are precisely the types who will lose a fight. And they will still vote Democrats because their bellies like the welfare benefits and messaging of race equality for their own race.

You want a nice neat worldview in which everything can be explained via political lines. A foolish line of thought since political platforms are innately illogical and fluid.

The manipulation of conservatives is easier to study and identify because they are more stupid and fall for simple tricks like mere framing. Self-proclaimed liberals have their own level of fallibility; a form of intellectual hubris combined with sentiment.

Religion maps to gullibility, period. That opens any religious person up to being conned by propaganda.

Furthermore, you have switched statements from the general statement from the above quote to "Of course gullibility is favorable to Republicans." That is significant meaning in difference, with the clear implication that a black religious who doesn't favor Republican views are not gullible. So, if someone is fully onboard with the Nation of Islam or the totality of Dr. King's beliefs, they are not gullible.

It seems like your basis in debates includes dishonesty and/or mental shortcuts.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I believe the attacker will be identified eventually and we'll learn that she has substance abuse and mental problems. I'll wait for more details.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Let step away from NYC (post #16) and look around, shall we? Look at this.

Shocking video: Sisters beaten with cinder block while closing West Baltimore liquor store (wmar2news.com)

Where is LeBron James with #accountablity? Totally radio silence, eh? Uh huh.
I'm not going to bother with Lebron for the moment.

That guy is a very smart criminal. I expect the perp to get off rather lightly since there is plenty in the video that can be used to say he had some degree of self-defense. Blacks have plenty of intellect and are willing to use it in bad faith. If you don't believe in 4D chessing for legal matters, just one or two cases in law will set you straight.

He will likely get off with a plea bargain with one or two charges of second-degree assault in admission to guilt; after 15 years from the sentence is fully served, second degree assault is eligible for expungement.

He raised a son and the son must have learned well from his daddy....and daddy might have learned from his son's case with regards first-degree assault with a firearm(10 year sentence, and there is likely good behavior credits off the record). So use a cinder block and "relent" while on camera.
And for the elder Doles, a relative submitted a citizen's complaint pressing charges for theft, and had probation for two years in 2013.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/ pulls up the rap sheet by name.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm not going to bother with Lebron for the moment.

That guy is a very smart criminal. I expect the perp to get off rather lightly since there is plenty in the video that can be used to say he had some degree of self-defense. Blacks have plenty of intellect and are willing to use it in bad faith. If you don't believe in 4D chessing for legal matters, just one or two cases in law will set you straight.

He will likely get off with a plea bargain with one or two charges of second-degree assault in admission to guilt; after 15 years from the sentence is fully served, second degree assault is eligible for expungement.

He raised a son and the son must have learned well from his daddy....and daddy might have learned from his son's case with regards first-degree assault with a firearm(10 year sentence, and there is likely good behavior credits off the record). So use a cinder block and "relent" while on camera.
And for the elder Doles, a relative submitted a citizen's complaint pressing charges for theft, and had probation for two years in 2013.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/ pulls up the rap sheet by name.
You can't bother with LeBron. It's a Tucker Carlson talking point brought into a totally irrelevant thread because that poster is apparently just a normal independent thinker politically.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
You can't bother with LeBron. It's a Tucker Carlson talking point brought into a totally irrelevant thread because that poster is apparently just a normal independent thinker politically.

Still waiting for you to post a few posts from me in support of DT/GOP/conservatives/rightwings/<fill in the blank> as you claimed. Funny that you said "totally irrelevant" yet you were the one that mentioned DT in which I never said in the post that you quoted above (post #37).

Anytime now, right? Remember the responsibility/burden of proof is on the accuser.

Just take a quick look of P&N first page, there are several active threads in which bashing DT/GOP (whitewash slavery, Matt G., etc.) and not a single word from me in support or make excuse for them.

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

you can project a lot of bias and hatred in just a few paragraphs.
"That guy is a very smart criminal."
No, he was a drunk looking for a drink, for free. Victims got in his way to his drunk.
"Blacks have plenty of intellect and are willing to use it in bad faith."
See above, drunk looking for drink. Project all you want.
"If you don't believe in 4D chessing for legal matters, just one or two cases in law will set you straight."
Drunks not doing 4d chessing. Criminals get these people, they are defense lawyers. THEY do all the chessing, see?

"So use a cinder block and "relent" while on camera."
Sure, he was planning this all along. FFS!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Based on probabilities rather than absolutes, the most likely reason the blacks are attacking Asians are not the ones you want them to be. It is correct that asserting "a group can never do something" is simply not true.

It is clear however, that you have no intention of analyzing the individual cases regarding the actual why someone is willing to commit assault.

If they are religious, they are likely to be sympathetic towards the historical civil rights messages. Being pro-life is irrelevant to causing violence against Asians on the street.

Ghetto hood rats are not going to watch Faux News and if they're homeless, they have no tube to watch. The source of their hatred is more local. The reason they feel safe breaking bounds is simple: they're well-versed in sizing up who are non-threats; elderly and students are precisely the types who will lose a fight. And they will still vote Democrats because their bellies like the welfare benefits and messaging of race equality for their own race.

You want a nice neat worldview in which everything can be explained via political lines. A foolish line of thought since political platforms are innately illogical and fluid.

The manipulation of conservatives is easier to study and identify because they are more stupid and fall for simple tricks like mere framing. Self-proclaimed liberals have their own level of fallibility; a form of intellectual hubris combined with sentiment.

Furthermore, you have switched statements from the general statement from the above quote to "Of course gullibility is favorable to Republicans." That is significant meaning in difference, with the clear implication that a black religious who doesn't favor Republican views are not gullible. So, if someone is fully onboard with the Nation of Islam or the totality of Dr. King's beliefs, they are not gullible.

It seems like your basis in debates includes dishonesty and/or mental shortcuts.
They don't need to watch Fox News. People who watch Fox News love to complain loudly in public to anyone within earshot about all the shit they hear on Fox. Some of that shit resonates with black people. Fox viewers screech about Asians causing Covid in public and everyone hears it without ever turning on a TV. Maybe some of this is like you said, just normal criminal behavior but that does not explain what I understand to be a sizable uptick of occurrences since Covid hit and the Republican anti-Asian messaging ramped up.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I did NOT support DT or GOP. Search for my posts and you will see I said several times that D or R, they are just different side on the same coin (see my party affiliation/tend to vote for yet?). I also told another poster that he is just like DT, has no right to be critical of say anything about another poster, as DT has no right to say anything about be respectful to women (grab her by the p**** comment by DT or how rude/crude DT could be ). I also said it several times that it does not matter who you are, you should follow the rules and laws as anyone else and if you don't, then the hammer of the law should be on you with no mercy.....ie...you attacked someone for fun = in jail...you attacked the Capital = in jail. No excuses whether you are white/black/gay/straight/tall/short/<fill in the blank>. Full Stop. Nada. Zip.

Search for my posts and you will see multiple instances of my support of minorities/non whites when they were right or truly were victims of wrong doings but not the false narrative being pushed out by the mainstream media outlets.

In the meanwhile, still waiting for a few posts from me in support of DT/GOP/rightwingers. Anytime now, right?
The problem with lawful alignment types like you is that it was against the law to hide/protect Jews in Germany for a while there as just one example.

Reactions: hal2kilo

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Still waiting for you to post a few posts from me in support of DT/GOP/conservatives/rightwings/<fill in the blank> as you claimed. Funny that you said "totally irrelevant" yet you were the one that mentioned DT in which I never said in the post that you quoted above (post #37).

Anytime now, right? Remember the responsibility/burden of proof is on the accuser.

Just take a quick look of P&N first page, there are several active threads in which bashing DT/GOP (whitewash slavery, Matt G., etc.) and not a single word from me in support or make excuse for them.

You're complaining about irrelevance to the issue, yet you brought Lebron James, a non elected official with no control on policy, into this thread?

Quit trying to get others to prove a negative for you - you want to quash suspicions on hypocrisy? Do what I said - use your powers of recollection to present just one occurrence where you called out Trump the same way you called out LeBron James. Either it should be easy to do, or you are simply blowing smoke. Your obedient silence towards magats doesn't indicate disagreement with them, quite the opposite actually when you can't bring yourself to hold them to the same standards as a damn ball player, one who has nothing to do with the thread subject.

• Love

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
you can project a lot of bias and hatred in just a few paragraphs.
"That guy is a very smart criminal."
No, he was a drunk looking for a drink, for free. Victims got in his way to his drunk.
"Blacks have plenty of intellect and are willing to use it in bad faith."
See above, drunk looking for drink. Project all you want.
"If you don't believe in 4D chessing for legal matters, just one or two cases in law will set you straight."
Drunks not doing 4d chessing. Criminals get these people, they are defense lawyers. THEY do all the chessing, see?

"So use a cinder block and "relent" while on camera."
Sure, he was planning this all along. FFS!
I fail to understand how anyone who watched that video sees a plausible self-defense claim. I'm assuming the assailant brought the cinder block to the scene.

I've certainly never experienced the fight or flight response on this level, but it's also amazing to see these women defending themselves and ultimately driving the perp off.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Going to pass Svlna? You offered previously to post examples of someone else posting about penis, yet you won't provide a single instance of you being critical to Trump the way you are Lebron James? Curious.

In addition to being a hypocrite on the burden of proof (you claimed you were not a Trump supporter), seems you are content to give Squished tacit agreement on your credibility as a critic. Gotta say, all signs at this point do indeed point to you being another hypocrite rooting for racist traitors, I can see why others would suspect it.

What a shame.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I ran a forum search under "svnla" and "trump" and this is what I found after reading the first 3 pages of the 5 pages of results. Zero criticism of Trump. Frequent complaining about Trump being blamed for things you apparently think he shouldn't be blamed for. And frequent criticism of democrats.

While you may not praise Trump, you certainly defend Trump, and you never, ever criticize him. Even for falsely claiming the election was stolen. This is serious, dangerous misconduct of an elected official, and is not something where you sit idly by saying nothing, unless you support that individual.

Your imbalanced posting history places you squarely on one side of the political fence. So quit playing games.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
You're complaining about irrelevance to the issue, yet you brought Lebron James, a non elected official with no control on policy, into this thread?

Quit trying to get others to prove a negative for you - you want to quash suspicions on hypocrisy? Do what I said - use your powers of recollection to present just one occurrence where you called out Trump the same way you called out LeBron James. Either it should be easy to do, or you are simply blowing smoke. Your obedient silence towards magats doesn't indicate disagreement with them, quite the opposite actually when you can't bring yourself to hold them to the same standards as a damn ball player, one who has nothing to do with the thread subject.

See post 37 from me, do you see I say anything about DT or GOP?

See post 39 from the other poster, when he quoted me and ran on and on about DT and GOP and this and that in which I never said and then he said about my post as "irrelevant". That's my problem with his post that he claimed I said something that I did not, not because of LJ comment.

Why should I prove anything? The last time I check, the burden of proof is on the accuser and everyone is entitled to presume innocent until proven otherwise.

Look at this thread, over 1,000 posts with many posters - (894) YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment | AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware, Software, and Deals

and the OP of that thread and most of other posters in that thread are silent, no comment in threads about Asians being attacked such as this one. So by your logic, a lot of liberals are silent or not participate in threads about Asians being attacked, therefore, they are full of hatred for Asians or complicit/ in support of those attacks? Is that fair to attach that label on them with zero evidence to back up? So now I can demand them to prove that they are not by them having to post their post history or they are guilty as charged? Seriously.

You are free to think anything about me because... see post 55 above from me to another poster that he doesn't buy my story.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The problem with lawful alignment types like you is that it was against the law to hide/protect Jews in Germany for a while there as just one example.

I don't think this analogy holds. Rule of law in a democracy means something entirely different than "rule of law" in an autocracy. Autocracies don't really even have "laws" per se. What they have is the whim of the autocrat.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You guys all are like cans of gasoline looking for a match to fight over.
The attacker was a victim too, she was clearly deranged and in need of treatment.
I've seen similar crazy shit on the streets of Seattle. It all started back in the '80s when they started breaking up the State mental health systems. People got ran out into the street to fend for themselves.
Rather than trying to help these people, let's just pour some gas on it woohoo!
This guy had a lot to do with it:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't think this analogy holds. Rule of law in a democracy means something entirely different than "rule of law" in an autocracy. Autocracies don't really even have "laws" per se. What they have is the whim of the autocrat.
Okay, switch it to hide slaves in 1800s America, sheesh.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Not necessarily right wingers who commit the attacks, it may include societal misfits who dont give a crap about politics. But what is certain is that stupid individuals in positions of authority have spread the irresponsible message of the virus being an Asian or Chinese disease. Trump was the no.1 culprit. Therefore he is most responsible for the anti-Asian attacks so far. Followed by the stupid idiots who believe him.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
*feeble blather snipped*

If you can't provide a single instance of you criticizing Donald Trump as you did Lebron James, you are simply full of shit. It's that simple Svnla. If your credibility isn't worth the time you're willing to invest in producing a dick link, well, there it is... You claim to not be a Trump shill, yet that whole burden concept only applies to others somehow.

Looks like you're opting for the Full of Shit admission. Bold choice.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
If you can't provide a single instance of you criticizing Donald Trump as you did Lebron James, you are simply full of shit. It's that simple Svnla. If your credibility isn't worth the time you're willing to invest in producing a dick link, well, there it is... You claim to not be a Trump shill, yet that whole burden concept only applies to others somehow.

Looks like you're opting for the Full of Shit admission. Bold choice.

Let me quote you some of the words from well know posters in here. These are not from me.

The burden of proof is on the person making the accusation

While you choose not to understand what was said, you don't have the privledge of saying I said things I didn't.

So what is it going to be? One set of rules for some and another set of different rules for others?

I am not going to go back and forth. Either post what I said in full context (to support the accusation) or admit you guys have nothing but empty accusations. Oh, and I demand that all posters that did not say anything critical/silent/not participate in threads about attacks on Asians as they did in threads about attacks on other minorities = in support of those attacks on Asians. What is good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z