Asian need not be ashamed about our people eating dog.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: geecee

Text
And sharks are in danger as well from the ridiculous demand for shark fin soup. I'm not saying that Asians are not at fault. I'm saying that there is plenty of blame to go around. For everything that you point a finger at them for, they can point a finger right back (which was what I was trying to say about swordfish & bison). We ALL need to be a little more responsible.[/quote]

you need to stop eating anything with four legs that you manage to catch.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I will wait till the end of the world is near and it is a choice between eating a dog and a human, then I will try a huma.....dog.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: AgentUnknown
Our countries are poor, so that's what you eat when you are poor. This country cared more when barbaro died then when James Brown died. We spend more money buying clothes for our dogs than people have to eat in africa.

At least Barbaro didn't beat his wife.

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: leftyman
Originally posted by: geecee

Text
And sharks are in danger as well from the ridiculous demand for shark fin soup. I'm not saying that Asians are not at fault. I'm saying that there is plenty of blame to go around. For everything that you point a finger at them for, they can point a finger right back (which was what I was trying to say about swordfish & bison). We ALL need to be a little more responsible.

you need to stop eating anything with four legs that you manage to catch.[/quote]
Why? There are plenty of tasty four-legged choices that don't involve endangered species (or dog/cat for that matter). ;) **eats roast beef sandwich**

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Unheard
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: frank84
Originally posted by: bloodthirster
Cant remember the name of the TV/Cable show. But they showed a North Korean eating freshly dropped SH!T from an animal. YUK!

well, that's a sad fact isnt it?

people are dying of hunger.

-frank

So start eating each other.

- M4H

You forgot something.

MAN THE HARPOONS

- M4H

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
So what kind of breed tastes best?

What is dog commonly served with? Dog and rice? Dog and potatoes?

Does it come in lunch meat?

edit: all these questions are serious. if none of the dog eating crew can humour me, I guess I will have to rely on wiki or google which is about 10 times less interesting and informative than hearing it from someone in the know.

RiDE

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Unheard
Originally posted by: frank84
Originally posted by: bloodthirster
Cant remember the name of the TV/Cable show. But they showed a North Korean eating freshly dropped SH!T from an animal. YUK!

well, that's a sad fact isnt it?

people are dying of hunger.

-frank

So start eating each other.

- M4H

You forgot something.

MAN THE HARPOONS

- M4H

HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAA

RelaxTheMind

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2002
Americans adopted sushi. Dogs and cats dont seem that far off.

Rednecks around here have eaten animals that are far less appealing than a dog...

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Juno
my parents immigrated from korea and they have had never eat dog before.

Eatings dogs in South Korea is illegal. Less affluent, older generation ate dogs due to lack of food during Japanese occupation and Korean War. It never was part of the culture. Eating dogs is looked down upon as "uncivilized" and "dirty" in Korea.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: toekramp
i don't care what i'm eating as long as it tastes good, and doesn't make me sick

Exactly. Something about being at the top of the food chain rings a bell :)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: DVK916
No need to hide the fact that dog eating is common in most countries in Asia, Phillipines, Vietnam, China, North and South Korea, Thailand, ect. People make jokes about it all and act like it is disgusting. That something is wrong with these people for eating dog meat. But reallty nothing is wrong with it. It is no worst than eating pig or cow. No need to feel ashamed that many of our people eat dog.

ok, but you'll always be ashamed of the small penors!

Leejai

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2001
1. Point on odd eating habits

Not every culture emotionally attaches themselves to an animal. With that point said, everyone has odd eating habits (they just don't happen to be a pet of yours).

Blue Cheese (bacteria infected mammal secretions) - America (amongst others)
Dog/Cats - Asia
Seal Flippers - Canada
Rabbits - France
Camel Feet - France
Mice - Russia
Bull Testicles - Asia, Spain, Canada
Reindeer Blood - Sweden
Animal Heads - Asia, America, France, Norway to name a few
Squirrels - America

And jeez, what about Placentas? (Eaten by some radical feminists)

Leejai

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2001
btw..i'm simply pointing out that we're ALL to blame for the world going awry because alot of the comments i've read tend to be asia this, asia that...we're in America where nothing's wrong...

2. to comment on the extinction of animals:

Iceland eats just as much shark as Asia. Personally, I feel the whole tiger remark (however valid) is just a snub at Asia in general because the same can easily be said for any other country as well:

Asian Animals going extinct due to fir trade in America/EU (Wild Yak)
How many Bird species are endangered now due to hunting and simply lack of wildlife resources in many developed countries? Same goes for grizzlies and whales in general.

Is anyone thinking that China in all honesty is one of the last countries to have much natural resources available to them. And the fact is because they are poor (in the vast sense to population). And what's scary is that as they do become developed, natural resources will be wiped away just as it was done in every other developed country and there's nada we can do about it.