As you become older, does your hair become waivier and curlier?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Why is this happening? I used to have straigther hair but now it is getting waivier and curlier. I do not know why. Any good shampoos please? Or something else please?

Please do not misunderstand, this is for hair on head only.

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
that sounds suspiciously like early symptoms of radiation exposure

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Do you smoke? I can pick out the old people at work who smoke by their hair.

Oct 4, 2004
It happened to my Dad when he was 17-18. Happened to me when I was 13-14.

I have been told it's a genetic thing. We all go from Leo DiCaprio to Bob Marley.

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
A teacher at my school just came back from his THIRD round of chemotherapy in thiry-ish years for leukemia. He started out with wavy black hair thirty years ago, but after each round of chemo, it got straighter and lighter, to the point where it's very light brown and totally straight now. He's a Latin teacher, great guy.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
After puberty ends (which should be 22ish? max for males) the only thing that should change with age is color and thickness.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: soydios
A teacher at my school just came back from his THIRD round of chemotherapy in thiry-ish years for leukemia. He started out with wavy black hair thirty years ago, but after each round of chemo, it got straighter and lighter, to the point where it's very light brown and totally straight now. He's a Latin teacher, great guy.

So the solution is chemo :thumbsup:

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I dont know about that happening, but, I got more hair growing out of my nose, on my chest, my ass, my ears, and my eye brows are getting freakishly longer :eek:

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Greenman
Mine has migrated down my back.

That happens as you get older and uglier. Your hair gets scared of your face and so it runs down your back to try and escape. It's been happening to me for a while now. Every year I get a little less hair on my forehead and more on my back.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Mine has, yes. And as others have mentioned, it starts sprouting on formerly barren places such as your back.

MrMaster

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2001
www.pc-prime.com
I'm in the same boat. Wavier and curlier but it actually looks better....Looking at my uncles I have 5 more years before I am bald at the top of my head.

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
I have heard the reason why hair becomes curlier over the years is that it starts growing at different rates or something like that. Like it grows faster when you are awake and slower when you sleep. . .or maybe vice-versa. The resulting difference in "density" or thickness in the strand of hair causes it to curl or wave. I've also heard it can have to do with what kind of hairbrush you use. A round one will cause the ends of your hair to wave or curl. A flat brush can help. . .But again, could be all just wives tales.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
This thread reminds me of my friend. Young guy, 22, and he's really starting to bald. The sad thing is that he's single and he has been for a long long time. He's single, I suspect he's a virgin, he's losing a lot of hair, and he's asian, which probably makes it harder for him to get a gf.

And there we were the other night, studying for an exam as I casually ran my hand through my thick black hair on my head as I talked about my girlfriend and a possible engagement next year. I feel like a bad guy now.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Yeah, my bangs have gotten a little wavier than they used to be. It used to be very straight when I was a little kid.

I'm more upset about my hair leaving me than it getting wavier...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
This thread reminds me of my friend. Young guy, 22, and he's really starting to bald. The sad thing is that he's single and he has been for a long long time. He's single, I suspect he's a virgin, he's losing a lot of hair, and he's asian, which probably makes it harder for him to get a gf.

And there we were the other night, studying for an exam as I casually ran my hand through my thick black hair on my head as I talked about my girlfriend and a possible engagement next year. I feel like a bad guy now.
Don't worry, some day you'll be working for him and he will slowly, painfully exact his revenge! ;)

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: raildogg
Why is this happening? I used to have straigther hair but now it is getting waivier and curlier. I do not know why. Any good shampoos please? Or something else please?

Please do not misunderstand, this is for hair on head only.

It's natural, my hair was bone straight till I was 18, then it started getting wavy.