Artificial Intelligence

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
####NOTE####
Please do not respond to the polls, as instructions are further down.
You will answer the first question, then presented with the sequence question during the thread topic.

The first question is:
Do you currently believe in reincarnation?
Yes or No, vote accordingly for the poll question labeled 1. :)

Thank you for participating.
############

Thread topic: Artificial Intelligence, and how to do it properly.

Here is something I thought up last night, but the Detroit Auto Show, restaurant and my friend's house kept me away from ATOT. Had no time to post about it... that is until now. I woke up from a dream, basically was about reincarnation. That dream, to sum it up (was very brief actually - if you care to know, drool :)) it was some scene - as if it were from a movie - of a guy seeing himself as a likeness of a certain person, who his past life was. I woke up a little later, and remembered that dream. And then I began pondering the idea of whether or not I had someone reincarnated inside of me, and then I began pondering the idea that after you are born, you have merely programmed growth patterns, and your interaction with your surroundings. The personality is one department of the brain, and it may grow to certain standards set down by the DNA passed on through the biological parents, but ultimately all the experiences set the content with the DNA only setting the standards for the mold. So, in turn, you your parents, but all species with brains are still unique based on their surroundings. We barely have basic needs that need treated, and as we evolve and learn more and more things, we begin to desire things and sometimes our conscious mind can just take over the subconscious mind. That tells ya how complex our brain has truly grown over time on the evolutionary scale.

Now, apply that to the concept of Artificial Intelligence. For example, with the right kind of processing equipment, mixed with the best computer hardware designed for the task, and software that is simple in tasks at first: eat, sleep, and discover ways to do that when needed, if not provided. Learning comes second, but completely automatically and naturally as it completes its basic needs. Give it a means to fulfill those needs, hold its hand for awhile but gradually force it to adapt.

For example, the 'euphoria' motion technique (for games... mimics a human nervous, muscle and skeletal system) it was given a human form and through many generations, finally learned to walk upright like a regular human. The football game that was demonstrated had amazing tackles (all unique based on every little detail). My point being, we can get things to learn the ability to walk and perform different motions through learning. Give it enough memory capabilities (maybe expand as its needed exponentially with age), and the ability to process all of it in a timely manner, then it can began to learn on its own. But life needs a purpose: mate. End goal must be to have a child, and we can kind of enforce how we want such a thing to take place. Quantum computing sounds like it ought to work.

If I could have some money and some extremely brilliant physicists, computer engineers, and computer programmers, then I believe I could accomplish this dream of Artificial Intelligence. Please? :)

Poll Question 2:
Do you believe in reincarnation now, when subscribing to similar beliefs as to the above?

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: destrekor
####NOTE####
Please do not respond to the polls, as instructions are further down.
You will answer the first question, then presented with the sequence question during the thread topic.

The first question is:
Do you currently believe in reincarnation?
Yes or No, vote accordingly for the poll question labeled 1. :)

Thank you for participating.
############

Thread topic: Artificial Intelligence, and how to do it properly.

Here is something I thought up last night, but the Detroit Auto Show, restaurant and my friend's house kept me away from ATOT. Had no time to post about it... that is until now. I woke up from a dream, basically was about reincarnation. That dream, to sum it up (was very brief actually - if you care to know, drool :)) it was some scene - as if it were from a movie - of a guy seeing himself as a likeness of a certain person, who his past life was. I woke up a little later, and remembered that dream. And then I began pondering the idea of whether or not I had someone reincarnated inside of me, and then I began pondering the idea that after you are born, you have merely programmed growth patterns, and your interaction with your surroundings. The personality is one department of the brain, and it may grow to certain standards set down by the DNA passed on through the biological parents, but ultimately all the experiences set the content with the DNA only setting the standards for the mold. So, in turn, you your parents, but all species with brains are still unique based on their surroundings. We barely have basic needs that need treated, and as we evolve and learn more and more things, we begin to desire things and sometimes our conscious mind can just take over the subconscious mind. That tells ya how complex our brain has truly grown over time on the evolutionary scale.

Now, apply that to the concept of Artificial Intelligence. For example, with the right kind of processing equipment, mixed with the best computer hardware designed for the task, and software that is simple in tasks at first: eat, sleep, and discover ways to do that when needed, if not provided. Learning comes second, but completely automatically and naturally as it completes its basic needs. Give it a means to fulfill those needs, hold its hand for awhile but gradually force it to adapt.

For example, the 'euphoria' motion technique (for games... mimics a human nervous, muscle and skeletal system) it was given a human form and through many generations, finally learned to walk upright like a regular human. The football game that was demonstrated had amazing tackles (all unique based on every little detail). My point being, we can get things to learn the ability to walk and perform different motions through learning. Give it enough memory capabilities (maybe expand as its needed exponentially with age), and the ability to process all of it in a timely manner, then it can began to learn on its own. But life needs a purpose: mate. End goal must be to have a child, and we can kind of enforce how we want such a thing to take place. Quantum computing sounds like it ought to work.

If I could have some money and some extremely brilliant physicists, computer engineers, and computer programmers, then I believe I could accomplish this dream of Artificial Intelligence. Please? :)

Poll Question 2:
Do you believe in reincarnation now, when subscribing to similar beliefs as to the above?

That's where you lost me. What in the name of all that is coherent does anything you posted after that point have to do with reincarnation?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
<snip>
What in the name of all that is coherent does anything you posted after that point have to do with reincarnation?

It doesn't. Why do you think the name of the topic is Artificial Intelligence?
My mind seque's a lot.
That transition was really meant to describe the concept that the DNA you inherit is a combination of former relatives, true... but essentially stating reincarnation as it's normally seen cannot happen since our mind is essentially a clean slate. The conventional belief of reincarnation describes the ability to reincarnate in anyone, and that anyone can have someone powerful/important reincarnated in them. That was the point of the transition, and that transition also described the concept that our brain, at the beginning, is nothing but empty connections, waiting to absorb new information.

Something I left out that I also thought of:
(and once again, entirely off subject from reincarnation. But remember, this topic is really about A.I, and to grasp the concept of A.I. so we can create true A.I. that rivals real intelligence, we first have to properly understand how simple intelligence truly is. Biological ingredients truly aren't necessary, but biological, specifically human intelligence needs to be studied further to allow the information to be applied to Artificial Intelligence.)

We may be no different in terms of mental functions when compared to an ancient caveman. Why? Because we are products of our environment. We are one of the most adaptable species of life, outside of single-cell organisms, such as bacterium and viruses. Since our species has always had a knack for problem solving, we ran into - and created- problems and situations that increased in complexity over time, which lead to natural selection, adaptation, and the evolution of man. As time went on, those problems we had to tackle began leading to tribal conflicts, health, shelter, etc etc etc. Really, life is about problem solving and how we adapt as a species. But if you wiped the Earth, left a small group of people behind with essentially nothing left, the next generations would begin to become more caveman like in appearance. But since we continue to have everything that has built up to until now, we continue to allow the preservation of our intellect through the generations.