'Art Of The Deal' Co-Author Spells Out Why Coronavirus Deaths 'Don't Matter' To Trump

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 13, 2009
agreed, but why did it take so long to see this? the vast majority of Americans understood this about Trump 4, 10, many more years ago: regarding his lack of fitness to do anything, much less be president. Is it the "only when it effects me, will I truly understand" sort of thing?

It's sad, because the majority of us have long been making the argument that preventing the clear threat that Trump represents is far more important than simply waiting and watching people made poor, or dead, simply to understand that plain truth. ...I mean, I get it. A lot of people need to make mistakes to learn (this is true of me in many cases), but what Trump is, and the GOP that has plainly enabled him in what are craven, more disastrous purposes, has only ever been too dangerous to experiment with.

But hey, whatever it takes, I'm glad you see that now. It matters. I had long lost hope that at this point, three years in, there was simply no learning that such unquestioning zealots of "the Trump" could do--brains too dug in to accept their mistakes, sunk cost...the sort of thing we are all susceptible to.

Your turn around gives me hope and, at least, less bleak of an assumed outcome of if/how this country can recover from the Trump/GOP cancer. Even if for you, that is just Trump and you don't quite see what Mitch/Graham and the related have been championing, that is a start that I really didn't see as possible.
Like I said earlier I'm on the fence on a lot of issues. Probably 50/50 honestly. I can go either democrat or Republican. I was on board with Trump mostly because I agreed with the Republican party on more issues. I assumed his ignorance and stupidity was mostly harmless at the time. Now that we are facing the virus it's become obvious to me what a incompetent dipshit he truly is. What used to be funny or "that's just Trump" is now life and death for a lot of people. My wife and I are not at a huge risk from this virus but just enough to get my attention for sure. I definitely don't feel the Republican party has our best interests at heart. You vote for what is best for you and your family and for us it's the Democrats as of now.