Arney leading in the taco polls , by a wide Burrito

LeadMagnet

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
linkage[

Q]Taco Bell® Poll Shows Californians Are Hungry For Schwarzenegger, Bustamante

Irvine, Calif., August 26, 2003 -Taco Bell Corp. announces the first installment of its Taco Poll results with former frontrunner Arnold Schwarzenegger leading with 54 percent of votes with his crunchy beef taco. The Grilled Stuft Burrito holds a strong second on the menu with 43 percent of votes for Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante and the remaining 133 candidates; followed by Governor Gray Davis, represented by a chicken soft taco, with three percent. After overwhelming response from consumers to include Cruz in the Company?s in-store gubernatorial Taco Poll and strong support from national poll results, Taco Bell also announced Californians can now take a big bite out of Bustamante ? as a Chalupa.

Beginning last Thursday, consumers could visit more than 1,000 California restaurants to ?put their vote where their mouth is? for their favorite gubernatorial candidate. Californians ?bought votes? simply by purchasing selected Taco Bell menu items. A crunchy beef taco counts as one vote for Schwarzenegger, a soft chicken taco counts as a vote for not recalling Davis and any Grilled Stuft Burrito shows support for any of the other candidates. Now, starting today, consumers who want show support for Bustamante can choose the Chalupa.

?Californians are asking for Bustamante and we?re delivering him - as a Chalupa,? said Greg Creed, chief marketing officer, Taco Bell Corp. ?We are very pleased with the Taco Poll voter turn out and we hope this level of participation carries through to the upcoming election.?

Customers can ?Think Outside The Bun? and vote at participating Taco Bell® restaurants in California through the day before the official election. Voters can monitor the Taco Poll results, which are tallied and released weekly every Tuesday, online at www.tacobell.com. To ensure fairness to all candidates, products results will be calculated based on the incremental number of items sold.
[/quote]

linkage

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
We might actually get close to 100% of the eligible population voting if only a tasty Chalupa (R) was included with every vote! Mmmmm, Chalupa :p

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
This has to be one of the saddest things I've ever heard in my entire life... I'm lost for words.

povertystruck

Aug 19, 2003
Remember thier just politicians, they are all bad to some degree. Gray Davis as portrayed on the news is obviously bad, so get rid of him. The only defence I have heard for keeping him I that he is the most experienced. While the others may not be as experienced, they have also not been proven to be incompetent(Gray Davis is).

Jesse the body Ventura is now the governor of Minnesota(I have read he has done a great job), Ronald Reagan was an actor who became the president of the united states, and beat the soviet threat(they went bankrupt, could not compete with the idea of star wars). Arnold has the money, to keep him from taking bribes, and some business experience. I hope he wins, the others are just a travelling freak show.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Jesse the body Ventura is now the governor of Minnesota(I have read he has done a great job)

Every governor looked good during the late 90's when every state was rolling with money.

When business actually had to be down though Venture did crap..and went out with Davis type ratings.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
I cannot believe I am going to reply to this thread :eek:

But I want to say that I don't know anybody that would order a chicken taco let alone a chicken soft taco. A crunchy beef taco probably costs 75 cents and is probably the most popular item on the menu. The grill stuff burrito has been advertised on tv so people might purchase that but at $1.99 it cost more than twice as much as the beef crunchy taco.
This poll makes those yahoo/msn internet polls look like a Zogby poll.

This is the worst, most cynical type of advertising I have seen yet. I LOVE IT! :evil: