Army surpasses July recruiting goal...

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: palehorse74
[ ... ]
And yes, we know who we're fighting for, and it sure as hell ain't folks like you. we fight for our buddies and for a better Iraq - two things that you couldn't care less about. ...
Then do it on your own dime, because you work for me and that's not what I'm paying you for.

(Can we safely assume you're conceding that the "good things we're doing" in Iraq are effectively empty propaganda since the Iraqis immediately turn around and either destroy them or loot them? You keep running away from that point.)

You mean you don't think giving the Iraqis 190,000 weapons was a "good" thing?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
As is the standard at P&N, the thread turns into another "I'm a bigger bitch than you" contest.

It would be funny, if our congressmen didnt behave the same way.

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Then do it on your own dime, because you work for me and that's not what I'm paying you for.

Service != subservience, hotshot.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Get elected, then we'll listen.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: keird

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I think you missed his point. PH is defending the President's orders. If he just admitted to carrying out his job, then you'd be right. But PH actually believes in the President's propaganda's and is strongly advocating it here.

Obey!=Support.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Narmer

I think you missed his point. PH is defending the President's orders. If he just admitted to carrying out his job, then you'd be right. But PH actually believes in the President's propaganda's and is strongly advocating it here.

Obey!=Support.
If that's what you think I've been writing in this thread, then you have a very serious reading comprhension problem... seriously.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but if you're in the American military, your paycheck comes from American taxpayers. We pay you to serve America, NOT your buddies and NOT GWB. The moment you forget that and start serving your own interests or blindly obeying the orders of anyone including the POTUS, you become a liability to America. Yes, military discipline is vital, but there are even more important interests.

In any case, your comment has nothing to do with palehorse's belligerent puffery, or with me calling him on it.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but if you're in the American military, your paycheck comes from American taxpayers. We pay you to serve America, NOT your buddies and NOT GWB. The moment you forget that and start serving your own interests or blindly obeying the orders of anyone including the POTUS, you become a liability to America. Yes, military discipline is vital, but there are even more important interests.

In any case, your comment has nothing to do with palehorse's belligerent puffery, or with me calling him on it.
You failed to point out my "puffery" with any degree of accuracy, and you didn't "call me out" on anything. Instead, you twisted and tried to spin my ground-truth comments to suit or reflect your agenda in describing the overall strategic mission of the US in Iraq.

Your posts are ridiculous. In fact, all of us here are now dumber for having read them...