Army of Darkness is on AMC now (10:00p.m. Friday)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: slick230
I personally like how Sam Raimi has taken the Old's 88 and put it in every movie he's made since Evil Dead. It's a recurring character, just like Bruce Campbell.

Really? I never realized that. Guess I'll have to start paying more attention.

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
I've never seen that ending before. The one I've always seen is where he wakes up in the future. So is that the alternate ending I've always heard about?

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Cougar
Originally posted by: slick230
I personally like how Sam Raimi has taken the Old's 88 and put it in every movie he's made since Evil Dead. It's a recurring character, just like Bruce Campbell.

Really? I never realized that. Guess I'll have to start paying more attention.

Yep, with the exception of "The Quick and the Dead", which Sam Raimi directed, the Old's has been in every movie he's directed since Evil Dead, in one form or another. He actually owns the car. In the scene in "Army of Darkness" where Ash lands in the mediaval time, and the Old's lands behind him, when the trunk flys open all the crap that falls out is actually crap that Sam had in the trunk while he was driving it. Of course, it may not be the exact same car after they dropped it for that scene, but a car just like it has been in his movies every time. It was Uncle Ben's car in Spider-Man, and will probably make an appearance in Spider-Man 2.

Neat.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Never even heard of this movie before but watched it with my son tonight and we were laughing our asses off. That is one weird freaking movie :D

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Never even heard of this movie before but watched it with my son tonight and we were laughing our asses off. That is one weird freaking movie :D

It's definately more of a cult thing. I remember seeing it years ago when it first came out on tape (dvds weren't out at the time). My friend and I went to Blockbuster and he picked up Army of Darkness and I had never heard of it. Once I saw it I was hooked. It's just so odd and cheesy that it's awesome.

Did you notice when he was getting sucked into the vortex that you could see the cable that was supporting him? He goes flying across the screen and you see this big cable strapped to his back slinging him across the screen. It's only up there for a split second, but it's funny to see.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
I need to import the DVDs of the Evil Dead series, they're awfully expensive as a set here :(
(Mostly because they're still popular, being cult and all)

Edit: Btw, Evil Dead was horror, Evil Dead 2 was horror with a lot of humor in it.

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Evil Sheila: You found me beautiful once.

Ash: Honey, you got real ugly!

AoD rocks!!! I can't even count how many times I've seen it.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
I love how the car has a textbook on steam engines and another on chemistry with the exact recipie for gunpowder.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Cougar

Yep, Usual Suspects just finished over here in the east coast....what a great movie.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making the world believe he never existed"...so says Keyser Soze ;)

I only caught the very end of it last night... I was pissed, I want to watch it so bad now.