Armored Warfare - Modern World of Tanks!

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
http://aw.my.com/us

MODERN MILITARY HARDWARE

Use steel giants to wipe the enemy from the face of the earth! Operate the most powerful tools of destruction invented by mankind: heavily armed tanks and artillery.In Armored Warfare you will be able to drive and do battle in the mightiest armored vehicles from dozens of countries around the world. Read on below for more information about the vehicles you'll be driving in Armored Warfare!

JOINT CO-OP MISSIONS

Team up with friends to carry out the most difficult missions sent down to you by command. These missions will differ depending on the vehicle selected. Only well coordinated squads will be able to outwit the enemy! The enemy's superior forces, controlled by artificial intelligence, will present a serious obstacle to victory.

MODERN GRAPHICS

Armored Warfare uses CryENGINE 3 technology, which ensures the feeling of complete immersion in the game. See the glare in the crosshairs, the spray from water hazards, drops of rain shrouding the enemy, smoking ruins and other obstacles - step into a virtual world that is in no way inferior to reality!

LARGE-SCALE BATTLES

Epic battles in which dozens of players can participate await you. Apply complex tactical maneuvers with your comrades-in-arms and defend yourself against cunning enemy attacks. Do battle in sun-drenched southern cities and the icy expanses of remote steppes – every territory has its own unique features!

MODERN BATTLEFIELD

Fight in hotspots around the world from frozen tundras to sun-scorched deserts. Do battle in locations that might be the focus of a modern military conflict, such as oil refineries, port facilities and population centers. Bring the fight to the 21st Century.
I just heard about this and decided to check out some game play on Youtube, it looks very very interesting. I advise anyone who's interested to sign up for the closed beta on the website link above.

Here are some screens.

_003_0.jpg
0_41.jpg

0_20.jpg

0_54.jpg

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Looks very interesting, would like to play with modern tanks and perhaps a better optimized graphics engine.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Cool, it's using CryEngine.

Crysis 1 MP with tanks was awesome. This seems to be that, modernized, without the Crysis.

I think I'll try it.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Signed up for the beta. World of Tanks is just dreadful right now. Cant even play it.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Looks awesome. I haven't played WoT in a while, but would definitely love a modern tank shooter done right. Hint hint arty isn't an orbital laser.

Make sure you sign up for beta and get your free commander!

Oct 25, 2006
So you get to the M1 Abrams and then you're effectively immune to everything thats not another M1 or air support?

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Most interested in how the payment and progression works out. Not interested in a WoT model.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Looks awesome. I haven't played WoT in a while, but would definitely love a modern tank shooter done right. Hint hint arty isn't an orbital laser.

Make sure you sign up for beta and get your free commander!

Yes everyone make sure to grab the free commander.

So you get to the M1 Abrams and then you're effectively immune to everything thats not another M1 or air support?

Wonder how that's going to work out. According to Wikipedia the M1Abrams is the best tank in the world. According to the US Military no tank has been lost in combat, but that's kind of hard when all they are up against is T72s.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_RizEpmxhc

The Mighty Jingles shows gameplay and his opinion on the game through the Alpha test that he participated in over the weekend. It honestly looks like a carbon copy of WoT, not necessarily a bad thing I just figured it might have been a little like war thunder.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Yes everyone make sure to grab the free commander.

Wonder how that's going to work out. According to Wikipedia the M1Abrams is the best tank in the world. According to the US Military no tank has been lost in combat, but that's kind of hard when all they are up against is T72s.

The challenger 2, leopard 2 and perhaps also Merkava IV are close to the m1a in performance.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I have absolutely no interest in this game. It seems to offer no improvement over WoT. Arty is still in it (which is downright a kick in the nuts to people who are looking to escape it from WoT). The change in era is just a different flavor of CoD in my eyes.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Wonder how they handle the fact that there are only a couple top line tanks which can survive more than one hit from another top line weapon system.

sushicide

Nov 7, 2001
One thing to note - the publisher(my.com) is a subsidiary of Mail.ru, a company known for aggressive cash-shop tactics in their F2P games.

At worst, I would expect even more blatant pay2win shenanigans than WoT

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
I have absolutely no interest in this game. It seems to offer no improvement over WoT. Arty is still in it (which is downright a kick in the nuts to people who are looking to escape it from WoT). The change in era is just a different flavor of CoD in my eyes.

And the arty works exactly like how it does in WoT.

Wonder how they handle the fact that there are only a couple top line tanks which can survive more than one hit from another top line weapon system.

Looking at the gameplay, its clear they aren't being very realistic, its an HP based system just like WoT.

One thing to note - the publisher(my.com) is a subsidiary of Mail.ru, a company known for aggressive cash-shop tactics in their F2P games.

Thanks for pointing that out, I wonder how their cash shop is going to work.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999

One important thing: *THERE IS NO PAY TO WIN IN WoT*.

Purchasing premium time just speeds up the grind and gets you more credits, it does not give you any advantage in the game.

Purchasing premium tanks just gives you a crappier version of other tanks available with increased credit production and the ability to speed up crew training. It does not give you any advantage in the game.

Premium ammo/consumables have been purchasable for silver (not cash) for years now, it *used* to be considered P2W, but the developers removed it.

Purchasing crew quarters, or increasing your garage does not give you any advantage in the game, it does allow you to play more tanks or keep crews on hand for other tanks more readily. You can easily get around this by selling the starter tanks you don't want and just keeping older tanks with crews in them until you want a new tank.

More often, I see horrible players/bots that have a dozen premium tanks failing their way to tier 10 by licking windows for 100 exp a game. Because the premium tanks earn credits so easily, these useless pathetic horrible players can "progress" to the high tiers, buy them, and do predictably bad. That is P2F and that *is* in WoT.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
More often, I see horrible players/bots that have a dozen premium tanks failing their way to tier 10 by licking windows for 100 exp a game. Because the premium tanks earn credits so easily, these useless pathetic horrible players can "progress" to the high tiers, buy them, and do predictably bad. That is P2F and that *is* in WoT.

I agree with this,i have had to get premium tanks cause when i hit tier 7 with my IS sometimes i would get my ass handed to me and lose more then win when i platoon with my buddy.Lately though since i got to my tier 8 I-S3 suddenly i have done much better in my IS in the tier 6-8 battles and i played it enough to gain experience.

Getting to tier 6 in the game even for a casual like me isn't hard and i didn't put a dime into the game till i got to my tier 7 IS.)Higher experience matches in the IS-3 have been harder till i got my BL-9 122mm but the experience in higher tier battles has made it easier to run the IS as well.:thumbsup:

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
One important thing: *THERE IS NO PAY TO WIN IN WoT*.

Purchasing premium time just speeds up the grind and gets you more credits, it does not give you any advantage in the game.

Purchasing premium tanks just gives you a crappier version of other tanks available with increased credit production and the ability to speed up crew training. It does not give you any advantage in the game.

Premium ammo/consumables have been purchasable for silver (not cash) for years now, it *used* to be considered P2W, but the developers removed it.

Purchasing crew quarters, or increasing your garage does not give you any advantage in the game, it does allow you to play more tanks or keep crews on hand for other tanks more readily. You can easily get around this by selling the starter tanks you don't want and just keeping older tanks with crews in them until you want a new tank.

That needs a huge asterisk. It give no advantage if you do really well in your higher tier tanks and over an extremely long time period. In shorter scales, paying is absolutely an advantage. You can be in battles with a maxed crew vs people just starting out and that's huge. Also with the way tiers are mixed in battles being a premium tank can be an advantage depending on the specific tier. While your tank may not be as good as a fully upgraded tank at the same level, it'll be way better than many of the lower tier tanks that tend to be in the same battles.