Arkham City - PC or CONSOLE?

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
NOT trying to start an argument here about which platform is better, I am an AVID PC gamer, but...

Do you think Arkham City game play translates better to Console or PC?

I am wondering since it is NOT a shooter...

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
You're asking in the PC forum so you already the answer you'll get.

That said, I thought the first one was great on a PC, so if you have a PC with decent specs and a 360 controller why not get the best of both worlds and use a PC?

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
I would say PC because you will have greater variety of Video options. And I bet (based on the Rig in your Sig) even if there aren't video choices, the graphics will be better all around.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
You're asking in the PC forum so you already the answer you'll get.

That said, I thought the first one was great on a PC, so if you have a PC with decent specs and a 360 controller why not get the best of both worlds and use a PC?

Never thought of that...

...NOT a bad idea at all.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Is this even a question? :eek:

Of course the PC version will be better.. Rocksteady publically admitted the PC version will be the definitive Batman Arkham City experience..

PC version has:

1) Much higher resolution textures than the consoles
2) PhysX and 3D Vision
4) DX11 (including tessellation, HDAO, contact hardening soft shadows)

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Is this even a question? :eek:

Of course the PC version will be better.. Rocksteady publically admitted the PC version will be the definitive Batman Arkham City experience..

PC version has:

1) Much higher resolution textures than the consoles
2) PhysX and 3D Vision
4) DX11 (including tessellation, HDAO, contact hardening soft shadows)

Okay, Okay...

But the PC version is still delayed right?

I just wanna play!

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Okay, Okay...

But the PC version is still delayed right?

I just wanna play!

Yeah it's delayed, but not by much. The release date is sometime next month. Amazon has it at Nov 15, but I don't know whether thats set in stone.

Rocksteady is probably delaying the PC version to finish polishing it, so I'd rather wait a bit longer to get a more polished version than a version replete with problems.

Anyway, there's lots of good games already coming out this month. Rage and Battlefield 3, so.....

Tristicus

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2008
www.wallpapereuphoria.com
It's obviously going to look better on PC, and depending on how powerful your PC is, play better, but I prefer open world games on consoles for the controller. Now if you have a 360 controller or know how to use a PS3 controller, by all means get it on PC.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

2500K + GTX570 + Xbox 360 gamepad = epic win.

It's like asking if you should get a 1980 Fiat or a new BMW :D

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I've been converting to xbox for a few games lately. I just have more fun playing on it. I think it's because I find it easier to just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than trying to get the best performance/mods. I'm playing FO3 on the 360 right now and having way more fun playing it than when I played it on the pc. There's just something about the 360 that is simpler and more enjoyable.

I'm also thinking of picking up Skyrim for the 360.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

2500K + GTX570 + Xbox 360 gamepad = epic win.

It's like asking if you should get a 1980 Fiat or a new BMW :D

I'm really thinking of xbox controller now...

...don't forget 43" monitor!

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I've been converting to xbox for a few games lately. I just have more fun playing on it. I think it's because I find it easier to just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than trying to get the best performance/mods. I'm playing FO3 on the 360 right now and having way more fun playing it than when I played it on the pc. There's just something about the 360 that is simpler and more enjoyable.

I'm also thinking of picking up Skyrim for the 360.
Not that I'm trying to make an argument out of this, but what's stopping you from playing modless on the PC?

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Using an Xbox controller on a PC seems like the best of both worlds for these console ports. Assassins Creed 2: Brotherhood on PC with the Xbox controller is pretty sweet...1920x1080 MAX quality settings at 120fps. I played AC2 on PS3 and while it was OK, its like an SD vs HD thing. Honestly, I would rather wait a year to play the PC version than to go back to console.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Using an Xbox controller on a PC seems like the best of both worlds for these console ports. Assassins Creed 2: Brotherhood on PC with the Xbox controller is pretty sweet...1920x1080 MAX quality settings at 120fps. I played AC2 on PS3 and while it was OK, its like an SD vs HD thing. Honestly, I would rather wait a year to play the PC version than to go back to console.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations looks like it's actually going to come out (almost) on time. It's only been delayed 2 weeks so far. 2 and Brotherhood had their 4 month delays announced in September of their respective release years.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Not that I'm trying to make an argument out of this, but what's stopping you from playing modless on the PC?

It's just the mindset I get in when I play on the pc. Everything needs to be perfect and a certain way, and I don't enjoy a game enough if it isn't. On the xbox I just enjoy the game for what it is.

pw38

Apr 21, 2010
Rocksteady is probably delaying the PC version to finish polishing it, so I'd rather wait a bit longer to get a more polished version than a version replete with problems.

Or, more likely, they've delayed the pc version for the same reason all companies seem to be delaying their pc "port": Maximize console profits for those who can buy pc but also have a console, and to, frankly, piss us off. I can't see any other reason why. The game is done, there's no tweaking to be done. The PC versions are more than likely just sitting in warehouses, collecting dust. It's pretty silly really.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
It's obviously going to look better on PC, and depending on how powerful your PC is, play better, but I prefer open world games on consoles for the controller. Now if you have a 360 controller or know how to use a PS3 controller, by all means get it on PC.

Umm yeah, buy wired controller for $25 (or pull the one off your 360 from the living room).. plug into PC.. play game.

Man that was hard!!!

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I was actually fine with Arkham Asylum using a keyboard and mouse. Normally I don't feel that way about third person games but the controls were equally good either way. But obviously the visuals are a whole lot better on the PC.