Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
LOL

No one is standing with you except other wackos. Your version of the US is going, going, gone.
Cya and wouldn't wanna be ya :)

Perhaps you should look around and see that your party is getting slaughtered on every single turn by chumps.

Maybe it's because they see that "your version" of the US is based on handouts and taking from people who actually produce to give to people who refuse to? Or is it perhaps that you have the mentality of "We The People" is really "We the people who think alike" and people are taking notice?

You decide.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
I'd wager throwing employers in jail would cut down on a lot of the illegal immigration as well.

I agree 100%, make it a manditory 10yr sentence for the top two guys of any company found to be employing illegals and within a few months you couldn't find an illegal.

But Oh no! We can't do that! Those employers are good ole free trade rebublicans. Besides everybody knows they don't really want to stop illegal immigration then they would have one less thing to blame on the democrats. They didn't lift one fucking finger to address the problem during the last 8yrs of rebublican rule, but as usual now the sky is falling because the dems haven't fixed the problem in a year.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
....... Except JFK did.

Yes, he did. He also said something about "ask what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you".

More and more, sucessfull people that make it by hard work and determination are being asking to pay more or "re-distribution" for the lazies.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
......It is the person who used the fake IDs fault.

I love how people always want to blame someone else for the actions of illegal aliens.

But...but..but...you are sooooooo racist, xenophobia, so mean, so...so..(look around for more bad words and labels), it is not their fault at all, it is Bush/Repubs/whities/crackers/etc./fill in the blank faults. Them ILLEGALS..opps, undocumented immigrants <my bad..my racist cat was typing that, not me> are here now, so let give them amnesty like we did in 1986. See how much good that done to our country? Let open our border to all our new brothers and sisters, they could not read or write but they sure know how to get pass any borders.

/sarcastic

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I agree 100&#37;, make it a manditory 10yr sentence for the top two guys of any company found to be employing illegals and within a few months you couldn't find an illegal.

But Oh no! We can't do that! Those employers are good ole free trade rebublicans. Besides everybody knows they don't really want to stop illegal immigration then they would have one less thing to blame on the democrats. They didn't lift one fucking finger to address the problem during the last 8yrs of rebublican rule, but as usual now the sky is falling because the dems haven't fixed the problem in a year.

Put people in prison for 10 yrs?

Are you kidding?

That's stupid, just fine them a decent amount of money.

Also, your memory is extremely poor. The Repubs, led by McCain & Bush, tried to do an amnesty bill, luckily it didn't pass.

Also, there wasn't any "8 yrs of rebublican [sic] rule". The Dems took over Congress, both House and Senate, in 2006.

Fern

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
reagan.jpg

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

\time for AZ to get bootstrappy.....

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000

Are you kidding?

Fern
10 years may be excessive. 1-2 year on the first offense. 3-5 on re-occurrences.

Fines work for smaller companies but just become a cost of doing business for larger corps much like other regulatory fines.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
No you love making excuses for those who exploit the law by hiring illegals to make a shitload of money for themselves.

And people like you look the other way when the government doesn't do THEIR job in enforcing the laws. Why should STATES have to do it, and EMPLOYERS have to do it.. but not the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?

We continually look the other way when schools allow illegal students to go to school getting grants and loans. Why aren't you advocating going after the FEDS, SCHOOLS, TEACHERS, etc? Well, I know why.. because you are only interested in going after corporations for political reasons and not actually controlling immigration.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Make no mistake, we are at war. The federal government just refuses to acknowledge it and in many ways is supporting the enemy (illegal invasion).

Therefore as the good sheriff said, the federal government is the enemy right along with the illegal invader because they are aiding and abetting them.

It's comments like this that tend to make me think a lot of the illegal immigration debate is political grandstanding. Illegal immigration is clearly a problem, but saying we're "at war" and that because the federal government isn't doing exactly what you want it to do it is "the enemy"? Yeah, that seems like an intelligent, reasonable position...

Like many political issues, illegal immigration has become very difficult to deal with because there does not appear to be a reasonable middle ground to work with. I personally think illegal immigration is a problem, but it's hard to talk about addressing it in a reasonable way with people saying we should mine the border or send illegal immigrations to "labor camps". Your side would be a lot easier to work with if it didn't sound like you got all your ideas from the Checkpoint Charlie museum...

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Perhaps you should look around and see that your party is getting slaughtered on every single turn by chumps.

Maybe it's because they see that "your version" of the US is based on handouts and taking from people who actually produce to give to people who refuse to? Or is it perhaps that you have the mentality of "We The People" is really "We the people who think alike" and people are taking notice?

You decide.

Slaughtered? Huh? Because so far every single piece of major legislation Obama said he would pass, he has passed. The new laws are working. People are starting to be held accountable. Not only is guy not being slaughtered, dude is dominating.

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
As I mentioned in my post above, from the government side, good luck with getting any sound-minded politicians to do something drastic solving this illegal immigration problem.

On the other hand, at individual level, the hypocrisy that's deep within us also stops us from carrying out what our mouths, from both left and right of the spectrum, are spewing about this problem. Example: 2 hailstorms went through the south side of Oklahoma City (where I live) in May and pretty much destroyed most roofs around here. This area I'm in is about as red as any area on the U.S. political spectrum map, and guess what, all the roofs that have been replaced around here since late May have been done by Hispanic roofers (mine included) who speak little to no English and I strongly suspect most of them are not here legally. It sucks, but between the small insurance claim check, wanting to get my roof fixed ASAP, the rarity of American roofers (as in the people that get on your roof and replace the shingles and not the manager dude that came twice during the whole time), and the $2500 deductible I would have paid getting my roof replaced any other way it barely crossed my mind about the legality (or illegality) of the people that went up on my roof and did a fairly good job of it.

So I, as many others around here where I live, are really guilty of this sin of hypocrisy to a laughable point. My neighbor who keeps emailing me all the anti-illegal immigrants jokes and propaganda was the one that went to the lowest roof bidder who also did his gutters, his shed, his flower beds, and I'm 100% sure that the dude (the roofer) is here illegally.

Like the saying goes put your money where your mouth is and I sure couldn't do it.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I'm willing to wager that killing them on the way in would cut down on it alot. Currently, they get something akin to "Now Jose, you need to stop doing that!" and sent back.

Wrong. Drug smugglers go to jail.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
And people like you look the other way when the government doesn't do THEIR job in enforcing the laws. Why should STATES have to do it, and EMPLOYERS have to do it.. but not the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?

We continually look the other way when schools allow illegal students to go to school getting grants and loans. Why aren't you advocating going after the FEDS, SCHOOLS, TEACHERS, etc? Well, I know why.. because you are only interested in going after corporations for political reasons and not actually controlling immigration.

Lol:D

FNE.jpg

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004

Are you kidding?

Fern

Typical response, you guys scream seal the borders, shoot them thar illeguls! The government has failed us! But mention throwing some fat cats ass in jail and your all like "wait a minute, it's not that serious just fine him" while quickly sneaking off to check your gardners papers. As usual the law should be upheld brutally except when it pertains to your intrests.

And the tired old "Repubs weren't in charge cause the Dems took Congress" bullshit don't fly either. Except for the brief recent Super majority every president has opposition in congress as is proved by the current filibustering 41 that opposes and blocks most everything.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Slaughtered? Huh? Because so far every single piece of major legislation Obama said he would pass, he has passed. The new laws are working. People are starting to be held accountable. Not only is guy not being slaughtered, dude is dominating.

lol you're delusional. He's passed a good bit, but he's already directly broken 20 of his campaign promises. If you add the compromise, stalled, and broken categories together they outweigh the promises he's kept so far. Hardly dominating.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Some of the larger ones he's directly broken:
No. 30: End no-bid contracts above $25,000
No. 240: Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
No. 292: Urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws
No. 339: Support human mission to moon by 2020
No. 379: Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit
No. 515: No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase."
No. 517: Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN
No. 518: Create a public option health plan for a new National Health Insurance Exchange.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Sure we could post an armed man every 50 yards, they'll just tunnel under or use a fucking submarine.

Damn! We don't stand a chance if they got submarines that work in dirt! ( Duh! ) That is really funny :)

And if they use a submarine to take drugs to CA that is ok since they ( drugs and illegals ) are legal there.

Last edited:

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I'm so sick of our own politicians demonizing my state for their personal gain. Crime is down here. It isn't unsafe. Yeah there is an illegal immigration problem but they are acting like and in some cases stating that Arizonans are getting their heads chopped off in the desert and kidnapped regularly. It is pretty ridiculous.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Damn! We don't stand a chance if they got submarines that work in dirt! ( Duh! ) That is really funny :)

And if they use a submarine to take drugs to CA that is ok since they ( drugs and illegals ) are legal there.

They actually have tubes that deposit anchor babies, O'Reilly will be doing a piece on it tonight.

The point is that where there's billions of dollars to be made they will find a way. Any one of the large cartels has more resources at it's disposal than any law enforcement office or the DEA.

Everyone thinks the submarine thing is a joke but they've found several of them in the past few months and they're pretty sophisticated for something built in the jungle.