Arizona elections chief seeks proof of Obama's citizenship

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-elections-chief-seeks-proof-obamas-citizenship-004619483.html

(Reuters) - Arizona's secretary of state said Friday he had asked officials in Hawaii to verify that Barack Obama was born in their state in order for the president's name to appear on the November ballot in Arizona.

Ken Bennett, who is Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign co-chairman in Arizona, said he made the request on behalf of a constituent.

Earlier this year, hardline Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio announced that an investigation by his office had found that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery.

Most Republican critics of Obama have given up pushing widely discredited long-running allegations that he was not born in the United States.

Bennett said he is attempting to confirm that Obama's name can appear on Arizona's presidential ballot, the Arizona Republic newspaper said.

While confirming on Friday that he had made the request, Bennett said he did not buy into the "birther" belief.

"First, I have been on the record since 2009 that I believe the president was born in Hawaii. I am not a 'birther,'" he said in a statement.

"At the request of a constituent, I asked the state of Hawaii for a for a verification in lieu of certified copy. We're merely asking them to officially confirm they have the president's birth certificate in their possession and are awaiting their response," he said.

The White House has denied repeated claims that Obama was not born in the United States.

In April 2011, Obama released a longer version of his birth certificate to try to put to rest speculation that he was not born in the country as required by the U.S. Constitution to become president.

The Arizona Republic said Bennett made the request about eight weeks ago and communicated with Hawaii officials as early as four weeks ago.

Bennett's office did not immediately return calls seeking further comment on Friday.

In March, Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio declared Obama's birth certificate a forgery following an investigation by a volunteer posse, acting at the request of conservative Tea Party activists in the Phoenix valley.

The move reviving the birther controversy by Bennett - who is the state's elections chief - met with a weary response from local Democrats on Friday.

"Tea Party Republicans are at it again," Luis Heredia, the executive director of the Arizona Democratic Party, told Reuters.

"By catering to right-wing extremists, Bennett is trying to score cheap political points while sacrificing common sense. Arizona deserves better. It is time to move our state forward."

Is he requesting copies of birth certificates for all other candidates for President?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I'm surprised that someone didn't post about the book leaflet that said Obama was born in Kenya.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
These people are crazy. It is literally going to take a revolutionary war to recapture America from these sociopaths. I see that now, and it is sad.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
This is a Major Winning Issue for the Republicans. (Just ask Donald Trump.)

I urge them to keep Obama's birth certificate in the news every week until the election.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Anything that diverts our attention away from these past three and a half years of failure by this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, is just what the White House wants.

Focus, people, focus.

For the purpose of this coming national election, Obama did not exist prior to noon, 20 JAN 2009.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Anything that diverts our attention away from these past three and a half years of failure by this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, is just what the White House wants.

Focus, people, focus.

For the purpose of this coming national election, Obama did not exist prior to noon, 20 JAN 2009.

Agreed. People who doubt Obama's Birthplace have already decided against voting for him.

But it will do nothing but put off independent and moderate voters.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Anything that diverts our attention away from these past three and a half years of failure by this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, is just what the White House wants.--- earthy to a777pilot it is the republicans that are being foolish.....
It`s sadf that Romney has no chance in hell of being presidernt!!

Focus, people, focus.

:)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Hehehe, some folks are missing connectors in the top most part of their understanding.

Obama is the President. The Sec State of Arizona wishes to insure all folks appearing on the ballot are qualified for the position they seek. I'd have chosen some test that looks to the candidate's anything capacity rather than citizenship when looking at Obama. What greater indication can there be that Obama is qualified as a citizen than him already being president.

Seems to me Obama meets the test without a birth certificate.

Now, Moonbeam and I were discussing this earlier and I was about to prove this but he had to go catch a Salmon or something...

Stanley Dunham - baby Obama's mommy - is his mommy! But, would he be a citizen by virtue of her citizenship alone... I maintain YES.
During the period of his birth the rules were She had to be 5 yrs resident prior to birth in the US after age 14 (or like that) and she was not by some months... August to November of '61. Since she was married she fails that test.....

However, She passes the sub part of that rule.... She had him out of wedlock...That only requires a one year residency. Now, you ask how can that be if she was married to his daddy and there is proof of that...

Well, Daddy Obama was born in and a citizen of Kenya... and that was a British Colony. Which is nice but, he was married to Kezia or some such at the time he married Stanley Ann... that condition made void their marriage because he can't be married and also get married without an intervening divorce and that did not occur according to the records and I'd submit the absence of a divorce record is proof of his married status at the time he married Stanley. There exist recognition treaties twixt England and the US on lots of issues and among which is marriage.

There is proof she was in the US at the time she got married.. Feb '61 or so... and also when baby Barrak was born hehehehe...

So he's a citizen by birth in the US and by being the kid of a citizen under the rules....

"For persons born out-of-wedlock (mother) if all the following apply:
  1. the mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of the person’s birth and
  2. the mother was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the person’s birth."
Oh.. well... trying to save Arizona money so they can allocate a larger sum to the Romney PAC

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
These people are crazy. It is literally going to take a revolutionary war to recapture America from these sociopaths. I see that now, and it is sad.

It's not going to take a revolutionary war, and these people aren't the threat.

They've long been around - historically see the John Birch Society, see the KKK, etc.

They're just 'noise', people used for votes by the monied interests who pay campaign organizations to get those votes.

The threat is from concentrated wealth, which improverishes people and corrupts politics.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Right, but concentrated wealth controls the police, the jobs, and the military; and they're running both political parties. So how again are we supposed to fix this without revolution? It is clearly the only answer. That said, I gotta stop coming to this section of the boards because I could end up in Guantanamo for saying this stuff and I have kids. I wish you all well but it isn't worth the little bit of freedom I have left to keep talking about this stuff.

Our government is dead. Face it.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Obama has two main issues for this fall's national elections: Transfer of wealth and racism. The techniques to be used are deflection and obfuscation. So focus.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Obama has two main issues for this fall's national elections: Transfer of wealth and racism. The techniques to be used are deflection and obfuscation. So focus.

Hehehehehehe, what a dreamer, asking paranoid delusionals to think rationally. Try walking into a room full of folk with Apiphobia wearing a bee suit.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Try walking into a room full of folk with Apiphobia wearing a bee suit.

This appeals to my evil side. :eek:

I think the real answer is that AZ and Obama don't like each other very much and we know about it because people who don't like AZ and Obama make sure to bring anything regardless of significant to light for the purpose of ridiculing one side or the other.

Then again it may be about bees.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How is it racism, typical of people like you who pull the race card

That is something that you will find is difficult to explain to actual racists because there is a stigma attached to being a one. Racism is an irrational prejudice, say that black people are inferior, caught in childhood before a person can really think and analyze what they are being fed. It is difficult to get free of such prejudice once it has become fixed. During the time one absorbs such nonsense, one is made to feel better about oneself because one isn't black. So to take away the racism feels like taking away ones self respect. To die to racism as a prejudice is like being made to feel bad, like being made to feel you are the one who is black.

So when people are confronted with a situation in which their racism is exposed they go into denial and immediately rationalize away what they are really feeling. They see the other person as being the racist for making them feel racist feelings they don't want to feel. In short they invent or rationalize and project as self defense. They have to because as children they had to believe the bull shit they were fed or suffer enormous and impossible to bear pain. They became racists to survive the racism of their parents.

One very common expression of this rationalizing and projection is the idea of the race card. 'Other people are pulling the race card' means 'you are making me feel my racism and I am going to blame you instead because if I don't I will feel terrible pain'. The sad part, of course, is that the person IS in such pain. They just don't remember. This is why folk who were not made sick in this way as children hope racists get well. People who are healthier do not suffer this kind of unconscious pain. Their lives are more relaxed and they are much less fearful. They aren't hyper-vigilant that some other race will take over. We are actually all the same.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This appeals to my evil side. :eek:

I think the real answer is that AZ and Obama don't like each other very much and we know about it because people who don't like AZ and Obama make sure to bring anything regardless of significant to light for the purpose of ridiculing one side or the other.

Then again it may be about bees.

Now THAT appeals to MY evil side:

It's about liberal pollinating and honey gathering bees and conservative Killer Bees, out to mass sting the country to death and Arizona is know to be full of them.

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
It's definitely fun to see all these right-wing first-class a-holes got all worked up about silly crap like Obama's citizenship at this stage. I bet hypertension drug makers are cashing in from now till the election in Nov with all the pills they sell. Go pop a vein or something, dumbasses.

disclaimer: I'm not a democrat, far from it.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
It's just a matter of the fucking you get for the fucking you gave. The feds under Obama have been running roughshod over Arizona. This is just a legal means for them to give him a poke.

Apr 27, 2012
It's just a matter of the fucking you get for the fucking you gave. The feds under Obama have been running roughshod over Arizona. This is just a legal means for them to give him a poke.

Exactly, This is payback for barrack HUSSEIN obama allowing in illegal mexicans