Arghhh I hate OfficeMax...

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
I called today to return a stick of ram I ordered from them over three weeks ago (it was free after rebate, but I never got around to sending the rebates in, which had to be postmarked 14 days after the purchase date), and they told me there's a 14 day return policy so i'm stuck with it :(

They didn't even send me a friggin invoice or anything, and it didn't say anything on the order confirmation page about a 14 day return policy :|..oh well, i'll just file a claim with AMEX, they usually take care of things like this...

Sorry for the rant :)

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Arghhh a company has a return policy set up, but they won't let me return a product after the stated time frame. Therefore, I hate the company.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
Arghhh a company has a return policy set up, but they won't let me return a product after the stated time frame. Therefore, I hate the company.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

- M4H

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo

You Got Served!

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
:(

well, you'd think they should AT LEAST put it on the confirmation page (seriously, they don't send me an invoice, and when I call them for one they tell me they can't)..

though, i'm sure its listed somewhere on their site...

anyway, just filed a dispute with amex, we'll see how this works out..........

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Search for: sympathy.exe
Searching...
Searching...
Searching...

File not found.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: wasssup
:(

well, you'd think they should AT LEAST put it on the confirmation page (seriously, they don't send me an invoice, and when I call them for one they tell me they can't)..

though, i'm sure its listed somewhere on their site...

anyway, just filed a dispute with amex, we'll see how this works out..........

So you bought something, sat on your ass and let the rebate expire, and they won't let you return it per their policy. Sounds like you've got a real strong case with Amex there.

Edit: 2 clicks from the main page

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
do us all a favor and don't buy online anymore. three weeks ago?

So the company is 1) supposed to just hold up a indefinite return policy as well as 2) let you return it just for the heck of it?

Returns like this are why some online companies are raising pricing/not allowing any returns without high restocking fees.

Å

Redviffer

Oct 30, 2002
Personally, I think 14-days for online purchases is too short. 14-days should only apply for BM purchases.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
You give up so easily.

I was able to return a printer after 3 weeks, received a refund no problem.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
You stink at the return. Just convince them that the item is brand new and usually they will take it back.