argh.... one of my hw partners dropped the class....

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
so now, not only do we either a.) have to do more work or b.) rely on the work of somebody who has no vested interest in whether we succeed or not.... but chances are she had a low grade, so now the mean is raised, which means i'm less standard deviations above the mean :(

sorry, just had to vent.

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
dang..dropping a class so late

yeah, i know how u feel...except my partners dropped the second week so i was alone..then i dropped the class and retook it later
**sigh**

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001

<< so now, not only do we either a.) have to do more work or b.) rely on the work of somebody who has no vested interest in whether we succeed or not.... but chances are she had a low grade, so now the mean is raised, which means i'm less standard deviations above the mean :(

sorry, just had to vent.
>>

dude, i got to bust out my trusty stats book just to understand your post :confused:

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

<< I hate any class that requires working in groups. >>

oi, don't get me started... too late :)

sometimes they're cool because you meet people, but for my C class... it sucked ass. i had to do the whole freaking program myself because my partner didn't know jack, and i wasn't about to spend my time holding her hand through it. f*ck that... i aced that sucka :)

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Me too. I absolutely HATE group work. Teachers seem to love it for some reason though. Nothing worse than going to the first class meeting and seeing "Group Project" on the syllabus. I just know I'm going to not like the class the minute I see that.

<< sometimes they're cool because you meet people, but for my C class... it sucked ass. i had to do the whole freaking program myself because my partner didn't know jack, and i wasn't about to spend my time holding her hand through it. f*ck that... i aced that sucka >>

I did that in my Java class for the final project. My two partners knew nothing, and were too busy. I had originally coded the interface, then sent it to them to do the functionality. Well, I just knew they wouldn't figure it out, so just in case, I coded the functionality too. Then when they called me the night before it was due, all stressed because they couldn't get it to work, I just said "I did it already, we'll use mine." That saved my ass. I HATE group work!!!!!!!!

CSoup

Jan 9, 2002

<<

oi, don't get me started... too late :)

sometimes they're cool because you meet people, but for my C class... it sucked ass. i had to do the whole freaking program myself because my partner didn't know jack, and i wasn't about to spend my time holding her hand through it. f*ck that... i aced that sucka :)
>>

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...holding girly hands................niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
the only nice thing about working in groups is maybe u get the chance to work with a hot girl
the bad thing is this chance is greatly reduce if ur an engineering major

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

I have to agree with all you, however you better get used to it. When embark on your careers you will often have to function in groups and will be evaluated on the success of the group.

Think of this as foreplay for the fvcking you'll get later on.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
what does it mean now that ur fewer standard deviations above the mean? is ur class a bell curve? if it is, then it doesnt make sense to have the mean raised.