Argh!!!!!!!! I hate my university sometimes...

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
UF is trying to charge me a $100 late fee on my tuition since i hadn't paid it yet... but heres the situation;

1) Last time i took summer courses here, my Summer Tuition was covered by my Bright Futures (100%) scholarship.
2) I never recieved a bill (I would assume that if i were supposed to owe money, they would at least have the common sence to LET ME KNOW I OWE MONEY)

According to the Financial Affairs office, florida's policy of covering summer tuition with Bright Futures was dropped last year, little did i know... I havent taken summer courses here since '99.

I then proceeded to ask why i never recieved a bill, and she said they stopped doing that awhile ago, little did i know... My tuition has been covered 100% for the past 4 years, never had a need to get a bill...

I have since filed a petetion to get it removed, but WTF! How the hell can they not send me a bill for something and expect me to know i owe money?

That's crazy Josh - the U of M always sends paper bills (we can choose to have it sent to our home address or our school address), in addition to sending you an email when tuition is due.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
That's crazy Josh - the U of M always sends paper bills (we can choose to have it sent to our home address or our school address), in addition to sending you an email when tuition is due.

Ya know what i got? Sh!t-on. :)

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I thought it has been several years since bright futures has paid for summer term, but meh. Also that part about them not sending a bill is fairly accurate, I'm an incoming freshman and I got my meal plan bill yesterday wanna guess when the date due is? 7/16. I mean WTF?!? Can't realistically mail it there, so my parents are just doing CC over the phone, I don't understand why they couldn't just send the bill sooner tho??

astroview

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
sorry, gotta say bright futures sounds like a summer camp for special kids, hehe
is that free tuition for FL residents or something?

Can't hurt to try and fight the extra charge, you might win.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
my school would send bills to my home due three days from the date post-marked on the bill.
if nothing else, my school taught me how to prompty reply to mail.

psianime

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2002
Wow, free ride? Thats pretty cool.

I'm only paying about 1/10 of my total cost of school because of grants.

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
QUIT YOUR WHINING AND PAY THE DAMN MONEY. YOU'RE LUCKY TO HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH COLLEGE FOR FREE!!

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
Bright Futures only covered summer tuition for 1 summer, AFAIK (2 yrs ago). That was a nice surprise but apparently now the state is having trouble paying for it for the regular school year as well.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: astroview
sorry, gotta say bright futures sounds like a summer camp for special kids, hehe

75% or 100% tuition for florida residents based on high school GPA and SAT scores.

My cousin was taking a class at FIU last summer and they screwed him somehow and they would not drop the late fee but it is always worth a try. Maybe you will catch them on a good day.

For DaiShan, be happy you aren't going to FSU (besides the fact that they suck :p). They charge a fee for credit cards on bills over there.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ReelC00L
Originally posted by: astroview

75% or 100% tuition for florida residents based on high school GPA and SAT scores.

My cousin was taking a class at FIU last summer and they screwed him somehow and they would not drop the late fee but it is always worth a try. Maybe you will catch them on a good day.

For DaiShan, be happy you aren't going to FSU (besides the fact that they suck :p). They charge a fee for credit cards on bills over there.

They used to here at UF (Freshman Year) as well if you payed via ISIS (Student Website).

The most retarted thing about it was that it incurred a $9 charge for using a creditcard, but wasnt included with your payment... So you would get ANOTHER bill for $9 at a later date, which if payed online would inccur another $9 charge... And the cycle would contiune...

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: bleeb
QUIT YOUR WHINING AND PAY THE DAMN MONEY. YOU'RE LUCKY TO HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH COLLEGE FOR FREE!!

No. Shutup. :)