Argh! I hate missing school!

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Freaking cold. They never seem like a big deal until you have one, then it's like "oh yeah, I remember this feeling of not breathing and and wanting nothing more than to lie down and sleep."

This, among numerous others, is a part of school that bugs the hell out of me: You miss one day a school, and I guarentee you it's gonna take a week or so to make everything up that you missed. (Another similar ah heck is the fact that if you bomb one test or assignment, you have to ace the next 15 just to get you back to where you were before. But that's another rant for another day).

So annoying, knowing I'm sitting here at home and falling behind.

I'm a junior in high school, by the way.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
here i always liked missing school. only happened two or three days in all of high school though.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Freaking cold. They never seem like a big deal until you have one, then it's like "oh yeah, I remember this feeling of not breathing and and wanting nothing more than to lie down and sleep."

This, among numerous others, is a part of school that bugs the hell out of me: You miss one day a school, and I guarentee you it's gonna take a week or so to make everything up that you missed. (Another similar ah heck is the fact that if you bomb one test or assignment, you have to ace the next 15 just to get you back to where you were before. But that's another rant for another day).

If you think its hard to make up missed classes in high school, wait until you get to University!

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I would actually take days off from time to time to catch up on work, write papers, etc. However, it was still tough to make everything up that I missed when I came back. when you get to college, missing class is a weekly (or daily) occasion. I had a few classes that I skipped for months at a time.

Ryan

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Garet Jax

If you think its hard to make up missed classes in high school, wait until you get to University!

bah, thats part of the challenge.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
I just missed 2 weeks of a couple classes. Didn't miss any test or quizzes though (luckily!)

Came back the first day and we had a test in one and I aced it. It was only health class though :p

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001

wow look.. we have a real student here.. amazing

i used to love to miss classes.. but i guess that's why i'm a 5th year senior at san jose state.. anyhow.. yah.. good job.. keep up the good habits...

btw, what i really hate is waking up sorta late, rushing to class and being all sweaty and tired only to find out your class is canceled, and you don't have another class for 3 hours.. can't go home... no class.. it sucks

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
if you went to school where i used to go...you'd be acting sick every day wishing to stay home and miss.....:p

I had perfect attendance all throughout middle school.

The only reason I missed high school was for cross country meets. I think it's better to go to school and then have fun in all the free time you'll have after school.

You're staying home for a cold?? Are you sure you don't have the flu? I've never known someone to stay home b/c of a cold.

ddwbi0

Jun 22, 2002
Originally posted by: rgwalt
I would actually take days off from time to time to catch up on work, write papers, etc. However, it was still tough to make everything up that I missed when I came back. when you get to college, missing class is a weekly (or daily) occasion. I had a few classes that I skipped for months at a time.

Ryan

exactly

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: JuMpR629
I had perfect attendance all throughout middle school.

The only reason I missed high school was for cross country meets. I think it's better to go to school and then have fun in all the free time you'll have after school.

You're staying home for a cold?? Are you sure you don't have the flu? I've never known someone to stay home b/c of a cold.

A cold is one of those things that people always say they have when they don't. If you just have a runny nose or are sneezing, you do not have a cold. Having a bad cold is miserable.

It's like mono. Everyone's like "oh, I had mono, took me out of school for four days." Bullsh!t, you did not have fvcking mono for four days.:|

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001

You got more problems than a cold if you dont like missing school :)

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Maleficus

It's not that I like school, it's that I hate that feeling of the make-up work increasing exponentially with everyday that goes by. Course, I only missed one day in this case, so...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Maleficus

It's not that I like school, it's that I hate that feeling of the make-up work increasing exponentially with everyday that goes by. Course, I only missed one day in this case, so...
yep, makeup work blows big donkey balls.