ARG! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSTUPIDSUPERMICROIHATEYOU

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
One would expect that a company selling its own product would actually know something about its own product, correct? When a customer asks you about a piddly $20 part, nobody freakin cares. When a customer calls you and asks for information about a fvcking six or seven hundred dollar case, you don't fvck up. You just don't.

I called our SuperMicro rep and asked what case would better fit a server solution and included things like how many mobile racks were needed, now many 5.25" bays needed, SATA backplane, etc. What model number did they give me? SC742S-500B.

What mistake do I make? Trusting the manufacturer to know any single fvcking goddamn thing about their own product.

I went ahead and ordered the case. It shows up last night, great. I popped the box open today to get started on the build and what do I notice? Three small removable power supplies from the back view of the case. Uh... k... open the case and what do I find? SCSI backplane. What... the fvck. Dammit. Server is due in two days.

:| $)%&!*(#$*!!! :|

What should they have told me instead, now that I've done my own homework? SC742T-550B.

See? Gah. Last time I trust SuperMicro - or ever buy one of their cases again, as well. It's also the last time I trust any manufacturer to know anything about their own goddamn product.

:|

</rant>

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
you didn't even look it up to make sure?

I would have wanted to read about it to make sure.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeap i agree.

but you really should have known that before hand heh.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Pablo
I thought you were gone. Quit toying with my emotions.
Pablo, hold my baby.

Yeah...definitely should have double checked the config online. I always want to see the product before I order.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
yeap i agree.

but you really should have known that before hand heh.

Known what? That manufacturers don't know dick about their own product? Yeah, I guess so. :(

Originally posted by: Amdiggidy
Unbridled anger leads one to the dark side.:D

It makes me p-hhhhowahfullll...gives meeee ffffffFOH-kussss :D

Leper Messiah

Banned
Dec 13, 2004
Hey. Everyone makes mistakes. The model numbers are basically the same, the only difference is the SCSI vs. SATA. Its not like you ordered a server case and they sent you a mid tower or something.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: L3p3rM355i4h
Hey. Everyone makes mistakes. The model numbers are basically the same, the only difference is the SCSI vs. SATA. Its not like you ordered a server case and they sent you a mid tower or something.

It doesn't matter. First of all, it's an expensive case. When one sells something expensive, one tends to work harder to get it right because that much more of one's neck is on the line if one fvcks up. Second of all, it doesn't matter what they sent me. If it doesn't fit the solution, it doesn't work -period. :(

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I find it nearly as disturbing that you're scheduled to deliver a server in two days & you just opened the case today.

:Q

Viper GTS

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
I find it nearly as disturbing that you're scheduled to deliver a server in two days & you just opened the case today.

:Q

Viper GTS

If I had the parts necessary, it would have been built in 30-40 minutes. I can crank out workstations in about 25 minutes if I take my time. It's a local delivery. Custom order of server and "matching" workstation from one of my own clients. :)