Aretha Franklin hospitalized...

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Linkified

Monday, March 22, 2004 Posted: 11:22 PM EST (0422 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Aretha Franklin was hospitalized over the weekend with an undisclosed ailment and remains hospitalized Monday, her publicist said.

The hospital where she was taken was not disclosed. She turns 62 on Thursday.

"No other information on her illness is available at this time," her publicist, Gwendolyn Quinn, said in a statement.

The Queen of Soul has energized audiences for more than four decades, is best known for her 1960s smash hit "Respect," but she has had countless other hits, including "Chain of Fools" and "Baby I Love You."

Franklin's first film appearance was in the 1980 comedy "The Blues Brothers," in which she performed a show-stopping rendition of her song "Think."

Franklin has won 16 Grammy awards, including a lifetime achievement award in 1990 and most recently, an award this year for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for the single, "Wonderful."

In 2003, she completed a sold-out nationwide concert tour called "The Queen is On!"

Franklin, the daughter of a popular preacher on the revival circuit, learned her gospel-charged style in her father's choir.

Maybe her "illness" and "undisclosed ailment" has something to with the fact that she balooned up to like 900 pounds.
rolleye.gif

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: slick230
Linkified

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Aretha Franklin was hospitalized over the weekend with an undisclosed ailment and remains hospitalized Monday, her publicist said.

"No other information on her illness is available at this time," her publicist, Gwendolyn Quinn, said in a statement.

The Queen of Soul has energized audiences for more than four decades, is best known for her 1960s smash hit "Respect," but she has had countless other hits, including "Chain of Fools" and "Baby I Love You."

Franklin's first film appearance was in the 1980 comedy "The Blues Brothers," in which she performed a show-stopping rendition of her song "Think."

Franklin has won 16 Grammy awards, including a lifetime achievement award in 1990 and most recently, an award this year for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for the single, "Wonderful."

In 2003, she completed a sold-out nationwide concert tour called "The Queen is On!"

Franklin, the daughter of a popular preacher on the revival circuit, learned her gospel-charged style in her father's choir.

Maybe her "illness" and "undisclosed ailment" has something to with the fact that she balooned up to like 900 pounds.
rolleye.gif

Or maybe it has something to do with the idea that her doctors don't yet know what the trouble is or that her publisit didn't feel like disclosing the information.

The woman is 62 yrs old and has entertained millions for decades with one of the most powerful voices to ever come along.Show some respect!

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000

Perhaps if she showed some respect for herself and stepped away from the McVittle's we'd be there.

You speak like she's some kind of national treasure, as if she didn't derive fame and fortune for her career. Wrong attitude, imho.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

Or maybe it has something to do with the idea that her doctors don't yet know what the trouble is or that her publisit didn't feel like disclosing the information.

The woman is 62 yrs old and has entertained millions for decades with one of the most powerful voices to ever come along.Show some respect!

Nah, I think I'll reserve my respect for people that actually deserve it. People that actually do meaningful things for others, not some fat assed singer who sounds like a crow with a pitchfork up it's ass. You give her your respect, it's yours to waste. Mine is more valuable to me.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Sorry, she may have the voice of an angel, but she's pushing 400+ lbs, I call sloth & gluttony...

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Linkified

rolleye.gif

so what? Tard.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Nah, I think I'll reserve my respect for people that actually deserve it. People that actually do meaningful things for others, not some fat assed singer who sounds like a crow with a pitchfork up it's ass. You give her your respect, it's yours to waste. Mine is more valuable to me.

bahahahahaha, you have so no idea.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: ndee

Oh, but I do have "so no idea". Don't worry, when she dies of her glutonous ways, I'm sure they'll bury her right next to Aaliyah, and you can weep for both of them.

Tard.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: eakers
what the hell is wrong with you people?
Yeah seriously... If it was Britney or Christina in the hostpital with an undisclosed ailment, you'd all be said and saying CAN I GET SOME PICS OF HER IN HER HOSPITAL GOWN! THEY DONT WEAR UNDERWEAR!

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
You know what really pisses me off? Every time they have some kind of singing contest ie. american idol or one of a bunch of other similar shows, whoever sings Respect WILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT. It ALWAYS happens, I have never seen a show where someone sang that song and didn't win.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Vortex22
You know what really pisses me off? Every time they have some kind of singing contest ie. american idol or one of a bunch of other similar shows, whoever sings Respect WILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT. It ALWAYS happens, I have never seen a show where someone sang that song and didn't win.

Yeah um... that ... uhh really makes me angry too... yeah.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
She's probably getting that gastric bypass surgery done so she can shed that excess LARD!

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Oh, but I do have "so no idea". Don't worry, when she dies of her glutonous ways, I'm sure they'll bury her right next to Aaliyah, and you can weep for both of them.

Tard.

name someone who has a nearly as powerful voice as her from the 90s. She has/had one of the best voices ever. Period. You suck. Go home.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Tard.

name someone who has a nearly as powerful voice as her from the 90s. She has/had one of the best voices ever. Period. You suck. Go home.

Anita Baker
Patty Labelle
Gladys Knight
Celine Dionne **shudders**

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
NFS4: Their prime wasn't mainly in the 90s, they're not typical 90s singress EXCEPT Celine Dion IMO.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
NFS4: Their prime wasn't mainly in the 90s, they're not typical 90s singress EXCEPT Celine Dion IMO.

And neither was Aretha Franklin :p

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4

And neither was Aretha Franklin :p

that wasn't my point :) I'm just saying that she had/has a really great voice and I can't recall too many singress' from the past couple years who could come even close :)