Aren't most people pro-life?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Praxis1452

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2006
Originally posted by: D1gger
I'm pro-my-life, I'm not pro-life.

got that right 100%. I hate children. I really really really really do! not jokin 1 bit. Annoying, waste your cash, unapperciative, bastard/bitch, that needs attention for the first part of their life and cash for the 2nd before they leave.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
"Pro-Life" is a misnomer.

The solution to the whole issue is to stop Abortion and give the woman the Right to Birth on Demand! It works like this:

1) Woman discovers she is pregnant

2) Woman decides whether she wants the baby or not and chooses:
i) Wants baby, delays Birth 9ish months
ii) Doesn't want baby, gets Birth immediately. If Fetus survives, she gets baby anyway, if it doesn't "God" gave her what she wanted!

Problem solved!

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006

i think with abortion, people often get issues muddled. the key issue here is a woman's (or a person in general) fundamental right to her own body (i.e. abortion and even suicide) regardless of the moral issues, versus the circumstances in which the government can have the authority to step in and dictate what the woman can and cannot do with her body...

obviously, i don't like the term pro-life. it signifies that whomever doesn't support pro-life groups' position is against life, implying that pro-choice groups and whoever supports the abortion issue are actually SUPPORTING the act of killing of fetuses, babies and whatnot.. and pro-life groups spend a lot of money spreading this message to further avoid the actual issue (it's so much easier to appeal to one's morality, especially when it involves abortion)

however, being against pro-life does not in anyway mean you support the act of abortion. it merely means that pro-choice people support the fundamental right of a person to CHOOSE what he or she can do with their own body without interference from the government, REGARDLESS of whether the decision is agreeable with their own morality (hence, one can be against the idea of abortion but support the idea of leaving the decision up to the woman)

For me personally, anti-abortion efforts should be a social issue.. not a legal one.. an issue left to communities, doctors, friends and families - for them to provide counseling, teachings, etc. (education works you know..) The larger issue for me is determining how much legal right the government has in interfering with our personal lives.. (Bush is becoming a might big brother these days...)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Generally a Pro-Lifer refers to someone who wants to sit back and bitch about something that's not born yet instead of getting off their @ss to help those in need that have been born already. In this regard I'm not pro-life, nor pro-their-life.

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: jjsole
Generally a Pro-Lifer refers to someone who wants to sit back and bitch about something that's not born yet instead of getting off their @ss to help those in need that have been born already. In this regard I'm not pro-life, nor pro-their-life.

So does that mean pro-choicers are people that would rather sit back and bitch about thier rights instead of getting off their @ss to help hand out contreceptives??

p.s someone please end this thread or move it to P&N where logic and reason don't apply

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Thorny
Originally posted by: jjsole

So does that mean pro-choicers are people that would rather sit back and bitch about thier rights instead of getting off their @ss to help hand out contreceptives??

p.s someone please end this thread or move it to P&N where logic and reason don't apply

Great generalization there...

I've found that pro-choice people tend to be pretty realistic about things. When I became sexually active with my girlfriend we went to Planned Parenthood for checkups and contraceptives. I fully support that organization, they do great things. Never knocked her up and never had to consider such things as abortion. Birth control FTW!!!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I'm pro abortion. The world is already overpopulated, and chances are that they ones being aborted are just going to grow up to be a criminal.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Baked
Are you a woman? Have you even been raped? Then STFU.

Are you stupid or something? I didn't think it was that difficult to notice that the OP was just being funny about the term

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: Baked
Are you a woman? Have you even been raped? Then STFU.

Are you stupid or something? I didn't think it was that difficult to notice that the OP was just being funny about the term

except that it's as funny as getting hit on the groin by a concrete block with spikes laced with poison from a rattletail snake.

thoro86

Banned
Jun 8, 2006
I'm pro-life, but if someone raped you, then I wouldn't go against the abortion. It's all the rapist's fault.. :p

LcarsSystem

Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by: TallBill
I'm pro abortion. The world is already overpopulated, and chances are that they ones being aborted are just going to grow up to be a criminal.

QFT!!!

I also think and I know I might get flamed for saying it, but that doesn't mean it's untrue. Pro-Lifers are mostly Bible thumpers, and use the Bible itself as a shield for their apathetic position on the issue.