Are you're friends still virigins?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 7, 2006
Originally posted by: AMDUALY
Originally posted by: GeneValgene
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: MetalMat
I still have friends that still are :( One is 32 :(

There are a few of us left who prefer to wait until marriage.

i admire you and folks that feel the same way, but my question is (i am not trying to flame or stare WWIII) what happens if you find "the one" and get married THEN have sex, but you realize that you are not sexually compatible?

Then what?

PS, this can actually happen. Spoke with sex therapists regarding this before.

i guess that's the risk that people like us who wait take....i have been dating my gf for close to two years now, and hopefully will be engaged soon. we are waiting until we get married...actually, we have never kissed before either, so our wedding day will be our first kiss :)
weird... i mean wait on the sex if you want, but a kiss is just a kiss. you could end up with a sucky kisser.

it's just a personal thing. i dated a girl in college for almost 2.5 years, and i never kissed her either. she is now engaged to be married to someone else. perhaps i am old fashioned (ok, super old fashioned :)), but when i date a girl, i want to treat her as if she's going to be someone else's wife in the future. it's pretty cool when you can talk to the future husband of one of your exes, and he knows you took care of her

WOW......yeah you make them feel loved by treating them like you aren't going to be with them in the future.... Why don't you just be friends..:roll:

I think GeneValgene was "going out" with a girl who considered him just a friend.

Damn, I've kissed girls who are really just 'friends' before. Not kissing a girl for 2 1/2 years, IN COLLEGE? Wow. That's more conservative than anything I've ever heard of before.

Did you wait six months to hold her hand?

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Stewy

i admire you and folks that feel the same way, but my question is (i am not trying to flame or stare WWIII) what happens if you find "the one" and get married THEN have sex, but you realize that you are not sexually compatible?

Then what?

i guess that's the risk that people like us who wait take....i have been dating my gf for close to two years now, and hopefully will be engaged soon. we are waiting until we get married...actually, we have never kissed before either, so our wedding day will be our first kiss :)
weird... i mean wait on the sex if you want, but a kiss is just a kiss. you could end up with a sucky kisser.

it's just a personal thing. i dated a girl in college for almost 2.5 years, and i never kissed her either. she is now engaged to be married to someone else. perhaps i am old fashioned (ok, super old fashioned :)), but when i date a girl, i want to treat her as if she's going to be someone else's wife in the future. it's pretty cool when you can talk to the future husband of one of your exes, and he knows you took care of her

WOW......yeah you make them feel loved by treating them like you aren't going to be with them in the future.... Why don't you just be friends..:roll:

I think GeneValgene was "going out" with a girl who considered him just a friend.

Damn, I've kissed girls who are really just 'friends' before. Not kissing a girl for 2 1/2 years, IN COLLEGE? Wow. That's more conservative than anything I've ever heard of before.

lol...i'm regretting spilling my beans on an internet forum!

first off, i'm not gay...i've had people ask me that before :)

secondly, i ain't gonna be a virgin...heeeelllll no

also, yes, i am dating, not just friends. we hold hands, hug, snuggle up on a cold day, kiss each other (everywhere but the lips :)), etc etc. we jsut don't kiss on the lips

anyhow, it's a personal thing...i don't expect anyone to understand.

Apr 7, 2006

Then what?

lol...i'm regretting spilling my beans on an internet forum!

first off, i'm not gay...i've had people ask me that before :)

secondly, i ain't gonna be a virgin...heeeelllll no

also, yes, i am dating, not just friends. we hold hands, hug, snuggle up on a cold day, kiss each other (everywhere but the lips :)), etc etc. we jsut don't kiss on the lips

anyhow, it's a personal thing...i don't expect anyone to understand.

I understand that is is a personal thing... You just have to understand that it does seem a little, well... odd.

How exactly do you tell a girl that you're going to be dating, or who you have gone out on a few dates with that you don't do any of the so called 'normal' relationship stuff?

Have you ever kissed a girl? Or are you waiting for your wedding day to do that also?

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
I understand that is is a personal thing... You just have to understand that it does seem a little, well... odd.

How exactly do you tell a girl that you're going to be dating, or who you have gone out on a few dates with that you don't do any of the so called 'normal' relationship stuff?

Have you ever kissed a girl? Or are you waiting for your wedding day to do that also?

yes, i know it's odd. when my gf and i first started dating, she thought i was psycho. but we are approaching two years now, and hopefully engaged soon....and no, i've never kissed a girl on the mouth/lips before. and for reference, we are both 25, with successful careers.

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002

yes, i know it's odd. when my gf and i first started dating, she thought i was psycho. but we are approaching two years now, and hopefully engaged soon....and no, i've never kissed a girl on the mouth/lips before. and for reference, we are both 25, with successful careers.

Its different. You'll get a lot of flack from people because its different, but more power to ya, man.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I've got one friend who is still a virgin. Allmost every girl I know loves him to death and he was a start athelete all through High School and college. Anyway, he's very religious and is still a virgin. I know he's had a few close calls where he almost caved in...but he's held his ground. He's now 26 and is helping people over in Morrocco for the Peace Corps.

I admire him for sticking to his beliefs.