Are you're friends still virigins?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Zoblefu
My fiance is still a virgin (religious beliefs)... we're getting married this summer, so that will soon change.

She's 22.

Is that a Ritz?

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: GeneValgene
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: MetalMat
I still have friends that still are :( One is 32 :(

There are a few of us left who prefer to wait until marriage.

i admire you and folks that feel the same way, but my question is (i am not trying to flame or stare WWIII) what happens if you find "the one" and get married THEN have sex, but you realize that you are not sexually compatible?

Then what?

PS, this can actually happen. Spoke with sex therapists regarding this before.

i guess that's the risk that people like us who wait take....i have been dating my gf for close to two years now, and hopefully will be engaged soon. we are waiting until we get married...actually, we have never kissed before either, so our wedding day will be our first kiss :)

Ha! That's crazy/awesome! What's crazy is that kissing her on your wedding day will be as new and awesome as having sex is for some! Just don't spooge @ the alter...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: OOBradm
19/ not a virgin...

for you people that are still virgins and above my age, to be honest no matter what you say I think that you are virgins just because you haven't had the opportunity to lose your virginity.

Possibly not true for one or two of the male virgins. Absolutely not true for any of the females

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Originally posted by: OOBradm
19/ not a virgin...

for you people that are still virgins and above my age, to be honest no matter what you say I think that you are virgins just because you haven't had the opportunity to lose your virginity.

Possibly not true for one or two of the male virgins. Absolutely not true for any of the females

And also, what makes 19 the dividing age?

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: rocadelpunk
21, not a virgin and I don't know of any friends who would be...maybe one, but I haven't spoken to him since freshman year of college.

Anyway, sex basically ruined my last 3 relationships so I can completely understand waiting.

then youre doing soemthing wrong =)

seek a sex therapist!

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002

i admire you and folks that feel the same way, but my question is (i am not trying to flame or stare WWIII) what happens if you find "the one" and get married THEN have sex, but you realize that you are not sexually compatible?

Then what?

i guess that's the risk that people like us who wait take....i have been dating my gf for close to two years now, and hopefully will be engaged soon. we are waiting until we get married...actually, we have never kissed before either, so our wedding day will be our first kiss :)

wow.... :Q

it's not something i tell people often...but when i do, that's the reaction i usually get hahaha

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Then what?

weird... i mean wait on the sex if you want, but a kiss is just a kiss. you could end up with a sucky kisser.

it's just a personal thing. i dated a girl in college for almost 2.5 years, and i never kissed her either. she is now engaged to be married to someone else. perhaps i am old fashioned (ok, super old fashioned :)), but when i date a girl, i want to treat her as if she's going to be someone else's wife in the future. it's pretty cool when you can talk to the future husband of one of your exes, and he knows you took care of her

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Pablo

Then what?

Ha! That's crazy/awesome! What's crazy is that kissing her on your wedding day will be as new and awesome as having sex is for some! Just don't spooge @ the alter...

i know! that would be embarrassing! :eek:

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Being 45 years old, I sure hope not, especially considering most of them are married or have been married.

Night Blade

Oct 9, 1999
it's just a personal thing. i dated a girl in college for almost 2.5 years, and i never kissed her either. she is now engaged to be married to someone else. perhaps i am old fashioned (ok, super old fashioned :)), but when i date a girl, i want to treat her as if she's going to be someone else's wife in the future. it's pretty cool when you can talk to the future husband of one of your exes, and he knows you took care of her

:confused:

Your more interested in what a future husband thinks?

2.5 years & not one kiss, ouch :p

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

Then what?

wow.... :Q

it's not something i tell people often...but when i do, that's the reaction i usually get hahaha

Dude, you just told 100,000 people. :p I admire your dedication though.

You sound like you're talking about a car. :p

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002

You sound like you're talking about a car. :p[/quote]

Well, the whole "try it before you buy it" mentality doesn't exactly sound much different.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

As in, she's not just packing junk in the trunk but also ... junk ... under the hood? :D

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

Then what?

weird... i mean wait on the sex if you want, but a kiss is just a kiss. you could end up with a sucky kisser.

maybe thats why they are your Exes and running off to the other guys.. ever think about that?
and in this case it would not be "taking care of her" it would be you were not taking care of her!

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
Wow, I know sex is a choice and a very personal thing. But sometimes I wonder if some people who wait so late in life to experience sex are really people who have some type of fear/phobia or sexual aversion. It makes me wonder. It is only natural for someone hitting puberty to want to explore sexually... and discover themselves and others. I have known a few people in my life, they were women who waited to have sex late in life. Most of their reasoning had to do with their upbringing and alot of the fear that was pummelled into them about sex and the evils of sex, asn STD's etc.. etc.. Once they did take the plunge late in life they regretted having waited so long. You see you learn alot about yourself, what you like, and don't like, and you learn alot about what your partners like and don't like sexually. In my opinion, you miss out on an opportunity of learning. Now with that said, that doesn't mean I advocate unsafe sex, nor going out and having a slew of partners either. But you are missing out on something that is an incredible experience that can help you grow emotionally and give you the kind of sexual maturity that is needed to reach a very satisfying experience as you go along in life. Eventually when you do meet that special someone, all the more better, because you will have sexually matured, and experienced things that will give you the skills to satisfy your new partner (making it mutually satisfying). ;)

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: CVSiN

Then what?

maybe thats why they are your Exes and running off to the other guys.. ever think about that?
and in this case it would not be "taking care of her" it would be you were not taking care of her!

lol...i have had only two gfs my entire life. and my current gf and i are most likely getting engaged soon :)

KrillBee

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2005
I'm 22 and I have quite a few friends who are virgins, then again they are friends from church. I also have a friend from highschool who's a virgin because he's shy and says he wants a house and a nice car before he gets a woman.

I guess the part that makes me wonder is, the people who say that sex ties you emotionally to others, and when you have sex you 'give a little bit of yourself away'. Do you fellows think this is true? If it is true for some people, then I could see why theyd want to wait and hold sex til marriage, because otherwise they could risk getting emotionally hurt when you breakup.

Sentinel

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2000
By choice yes, my friend is a virgin and will be 25 in May. He also likes to play WOW everyday, all day and has no job.

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006

Then what?

WTF?

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006

Then what?

WOW......yeah you make them feel loved by treating them like you aren't going to be with them in the future.... Why don't you just be friends..:roll:

HBalzer

Golden Member
Jul 17, 2005

Then what?

You didn't take care of her. Women need affection and kissing, necking, heavy petting is all part of that. You want to be a virgin okay but man at least dry hump. I've talked to ex-girlfriends husbands and I boned the hell out of those chicks it was strange at first but now we are all friends.