Are you're friends still virigins?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: quakefiend420
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Most of my friends are married, so I'm going to have to go with "No".

I, however, am both single and a virgin. I fail to see what the big deal is about sex in and of itself. I've known one, maybe two women with whom I've felt close enough to see a relationship that included physical intimacy as a potential development but I can't imagine why anyone would want physical intimacy without the emotional ties. The strings need to be attached for it to be worth anything.

ZV
how old are you?
Twenty-Four.

ZV

wow, i had you figured for being older than that

guess you just act more mature than most of the jackasses here :p
:thumbsup:

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000

I, however, am both single and a virgin. I fail to see what the big deal is about sex in and of itself. I've known one, maybe two women with whom I've felt close enough to see a relationship that included physical intimacy as a potential development but I can't imagine why anyone would want physical intimacy without the emotional ties. The strings need to be attached for it to be worth anything.

ZV
how old are you?
Twenty-Four.

ZV
wow, i had you figured for being older than that

guess you just act more mature than most of the jackasses here :p
I get that a lot. At work too.

ZV

OOBradm

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
19/ not a virgin...

for you people that are still virgins and above my age, to be honest no matter what you say I think that you are virgins just because you haven't had the opportunity to lose your virginity.
In my opinion, how can you know what its like/ how you feel/ or even what it is all about unless you've done it? Its like critiquing a movie without having seen it yet. I just don't understand how you can be so gung ho about something that you can't even understand because you haven't experienced it.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I'm 26 and married, but most of my friends from high school are still virgins. Being geeks and all. I don't care, but I think some of them do. Sex is only a big deal to those that cannot get any. :p

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I don't know of any. And some of my friends are younger. although most are older than me.. (25-30)

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Holy sh!t ATOT. I am disappointed that this wasn't asked before.

Does buttsecks count?

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: OOBradm
19/ not a virgin...

for you people that are still virgins and above my age, to be honest no matter what you say I think that you are virgins just because you haven't had the opportunity to lose your virginity.
In my opinion, how can you know what its like/ how you feel/ or even what it is all about unless you've done it? Its like critiquing a movie without having seen it yet. I just don't understand how you can be so gung ho about something that you can't even understand because you haven't experienced it.
And you feel the need to add the last paragraph because?

Not one person who is older and still a virgin has said anything disparaging about having sex, nor have we made any judgements regarding those who choose differently than we do. It is a choice, like anything else in life.

For some reason, however, you feel a need to make judgements against us.

I've made my choice, and I stand by it. I have no need to defend it beyond saying that I am happy with it.

ZV

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
19/ not a virgin...

Totally not the case for everyone. Some, maybe. But many people do wait because they want to. (as evidenced by the fact that many of those people DO get married, and that person they marry obviously IS willing to have sex with them, but they still wait)

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
I'm not, but I'd say about half of my friends are. I'm 22, in college. I know a few "super-Christian" girls who are waiting for marriage, but most of my guy friends that are virgins just aren't that great in social situations and lack confidence. Heck, two of my good friends I don't even think they have kissed a girl..one is 22 and another 24.

PandaBear

Golden Member
Aug 23, 2000
Was a virgin till 22, first time I flirt with a girl that had a crush on me to do a one nighter and regret it afterward. Hurt her feeling and made me depress (she wasn't a looker, and I came too fast).

Oh well, live and learn. Sex is not something that I rush into after that incident. When you find the right one, it is great, so just wait it out.

Great sex life with my gf now.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

ZV

Hmmm, well kudos to you bro, but sex is an amazing thing.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: MetalMat
I still have friends that still are :( One is 32 :(

There are a few of us left who prefer to wait until marriage.

i admire you and folks that feel the same way, but my question is (i am not trying to flame or stare WWIII) what happens if you find "the one" and get married THEN have sex, but you realize that you are not sexually compatible?

Then what?

PS, this can actually happen. Spoke with sex therapists regarding this before.

yup it can...
exactly my argument for "test driving" hehe

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I'm 25 and pretty much all of my friends are not.

There is one, however, who still is...She's 23 and, FWIW, very attractive

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002

i admire you and folks that feel the same way, but my question is (i am not trying to flame or stare WWIII) what happens if you find "the one" and get married THEN have sex, but you realize that you are not sexually compatible?

Then what?

i guess that's the risk that people like us who wait take....i have been dating my gf for close to two years now, and hopefully will be engaged soon. we are waiting until we get married...actually, we have never kissed before either, so our wedding day will be our first kiss :)

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
21, not a virgin and I don't know of any friends who would be...maybe one, but I haven't spoken to him since freshman year of college.

Anyway, sex basically ruined my last 3 relationships so I can completely understand waiting.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: GeneValgene

Then what?

i guess that's the risk that people like us who wait take....i have been dating my gf for close to two years now, and hopefully will be engaged soon. we are waiting until we get married...actually, we have never kissed before either, so our wedding day will be our first kiss :)

wow.... :Q

Zoblefu

Jun 9, 2004
My fiance is still a virgin (religious beliefs)... we're getting married this summer, so that will soon change.

She's 22.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Then what?

weird... i mean wait on the sex if you want, but a kiss is just a kiss. you could end up with a sucky kisser.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com

Then what?

W..T...F.... damn.

anyway, again, I take lola's viewpoint.. in a human sexuality class, one of the big things that came up was each partners sex drive. One was more than the other, and they never really talked about it. And while no, it shouldn't be the only factor in a relationship, it is there. Altho, communication is probably the bigger one people need to work on.

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
19/ not a virgin...

You are young and stupid. It is not hard to find someone to have sex with. Hell, if anyone lowers their standards enough, they can have sex with SOMEBODY. Just because you don't mind porking fatties doesn't mean you're any cooler than somebody who hasn't found someone they want to take the "opportunity to lose their virginity" to.