Are You "Toothing"

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
This is more of an OT News item but the Topic is not "appropriate" for there:

4-19-2004 'Toothing' for Hi-Tech Sex with Strangers

LONDON - British commuters take note -- the respectable person sitting next to you on the train fumbling with their cell phone might be a "toother" looking for sex with a stranger.

"Toothing" is a new craze where strangers on trains, buses, in bars and even supermarkets hook up for illicit meetings using messages sent via the latest in phone technology.

"Toothing is a form of anonymous sex with strangers -- usually on some form of transport or enclosed area such as a conference or training seminar," says the "Beginner's Guide To Toothing" on a Web site dedicated to the pursuit.

It is made possible by Bluetooth technology which allows users to send phone contacts, pictures and messages to other Bluetooth-enabled equipment over a range of about 10 meters (yards).

Users discovered they could send anonymous messages to people they didn't know with Bluetooth equipment, spawning a craze dubbed "bluejacking."

Jon, aka "Toothy Toothing" and the guide's author, explained toothing was born after he was "bluejacked" by an unknown girl while commuting to work in London. After a few days of flirting, she suggested a brief encounter in a station lavatory.

"The meeting wasn't a romantic thing -- it was purely sexual. Barely anything was said," he told Reuters via e-mail.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh man I hate that. I don't have a cell phone and look, I'm missing out on all that sex in public bathrooms. Damn.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I think I'm like the only one in my city who uses bluetooth, because I've never found anyone else with it on!

- bluetooth phone (Sony Ericsson T616)
- bluetooth pda (HP iPAQ 1945)
- bluetooth laptop (Dell Inspiron 600m)
- bluetooth headset (Jabra)
- bluetooth GPS (Belkin)

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: maddogchen
looks like just another way to get HIV real fast.

Not really. Its quite the myth that HIV spreads fast among heterosexuals, the vast majority of heteros that contract HIV have done so by needle sharing. A male has roughly 1 in 8000 chance of contracting HIV from an infected female, when having vaginal intercourse. A woman has roughly a 1 in 4000 chance of contracting HIV from an infected male when having vaginal intercourse. When using condoms properly, the chances of contracting HIV is next to none. Now considering the % of people with HIV, opposed to those without HIV, the likelyhood of you to contract HIV from a stranger is almost none exsistent. Possible, but extremely unlikely.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: digitalsm

Not really. Its quite the myth that HIV spreads fast among heterosexuals, the vast majority of heteros that contract HIV have done so by needle sharing. A male has roughly 1 in 8000 chance of contracting HIV from an infected female, when having vaginal intercourse. A woman has roughly a 1 in 4000 chance of contracting HIV from an infected male when having vaginal intercourse. When using condoms properly, the chances of contracting HIV is next to none. Now considering the % of people with HIV, opposed to those without HIV, the likelyhood of you to contract HIV from a stranger is almost none exsistent. Possible, but extremely unlikely.

wow, if thats true, my sex ed teacher lied...or overexaggerated

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001

wow, if thats true, my sex ed teacher lied...or overexaggerated

I thought that's what they're supposed to do. Mine did too.

Of course, I went to a Catholic grade school so maybe that had something to do with it also.

May 10, 2001

If anyone wants to buy this lie from you they should first overcome the truth on the ground in Africa.

By your lies it would take 21 years for any man to contract HIV by vaginal sex.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004

That can't be correct, where did you get that from?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jigga
I think I'm like the only one in my city who uses bluetooth, because I've never found anyone else with it on! - bluetooth phone (Sony Ericsson T616) - bluetooth pda (HP iPAQ 1945) - bluetooth laptop (Dell Inspiron 600m) - bluetooth headset (Jabra) - bluetooth GPS (Belkin)

Looks like you'll have to bite (sorry, Tooth) youself. ;):D

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain

If anyone wants to buy this lie from you they should first overcome the truth on the ground in Africa.

Everyone knows those Africans are excessively gay and also prone to heterosexual anal sex. Also they are often malnourished because they spend all their money on needles and heroin.

Zephyr

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Klixxer

ive had a doctor tell me this as well.
he didnt spit out figures, but he said that HIV isnt as prevalent in heterosexuals.
and your chances of getting it through unprotected heterosexual sex are very slim.

onelove

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain

Kain, I think the odds go up when you have 'dry sex'.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: gistech1978
Originally posted by: Klixxer

ive had a doctor tell me this as well.
he didnt spit out figures, but he said that HIV isnt as prevalent in heterosexuals.
and your chances of getting it through unprotected heterosexual sex are very slim.

Of all the HIV/AIDs cases in the US, around ~125,000 are heterosexual cases.