Are you ready to have your privacy invaded?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Chiha is installing surveillance cameras outside the doors of their citizens, and even inside their homes. Could we be next? Imagine getting off an airplane, you spit into a cup so the state can store your DNA. Like China, USA government agents install cameras on the telephone polls outside your home. Maybe even inside your home? A HUGE screen monitor is installed in the center of your city and a recorded message from the POTUS is on 24/7. His message "we are doing everything in our power to keep you safe. Follow the CDC guidlines or your actions will be punishable by law" is the repeating message. Do you want to go outside? Temp check. Do you want to enter the supermarkert? Temp check. Where have you been lately? Well local authoroties have a detailed list. You've been here, here, and oh you traveled to Texas from NY on this date, and you did this, this and this... You're a high risk for COVID-19, so you're not allowed inside. Constant drone coverage could be next. Imagine drones following your exact movements. I could see this and so much more.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Side note: Have you ever started a thread where the first post was something other than you posting multiple questions?
Not saying there is anything wrong with that....just saying.

To answer your...(trying to pick which of the umpteeth questions your are asking)No
The answer is no

Reactions: alien42

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Side note: Have you ever started a thread where the first post was something other than you posting multiple questions?
Not saying there is anything wrong with that....just saying.

To answer your...(trying to pick which of the umpteeth questions your are asking)No
The answer is no

lol, it must be my style.

Why do you say no. Isn't this how these things happen. We let down our guard, it starts small and in time gains steam and blows up. People rationalize that the governement is only doing this so they can better protect us. In reality, our rights becomie endangered and before we can react it's too late. Anway, maybe I'm over reacting to the CNN Chinese article.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Chiha is installing surveillance cameras outside the doors of their citizens, and even inside their homes. Could we be next?
No

Like China, USA government agents install cameras on the telephone polls outside your home.
-- Outside my home is not my home nor my property.
Maybe even inside your home?
---
No because that would require replacing the supreme Court with GOP controlled muppets and a re-write of the constitution.

A HUGE screen monitor is installed in the center of your city and a recorded message from the POTUS is on 24/7.
His message "we are doing everything in our power to keep you safe. Follow the CDC guidlines or your actions will be punishable by law" is the repeating message.
No
Republican would kill the budget for this as soon as a Democrat is elected to office

Do you want to go outside?
Temp check.
No - Because "laws"
Unless you mean just check to see if it nice outside...then yes. I'm gonna go outside

Do you want to enter the supermarkert?
Temp check.
No - Because "laws"

Where have you been lately?
Well local authorities have a detailed list.

You've been here, here, and oh you traveled to Texas from NY on this date, and you did this, this and this... You're a high risk for COVID-19, so you're not allowed inside.

Have fun with laws around interstate commerce.
No

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Chiha is installing surveillance cameras outside the doors of their citizens, and even inside their homes. Could we be next? Imagine getting off an airplane, you spit into a cup so the state can store your DNA. Like China, USA government agents install cameras on the telephone polls outside your home. Maybe even inside your home? A HUGE screen monitor is installed in the center of your city and a recorded message from the POTUS is on 24/7. His message "we are doing everything in our power to keep you safe. Follow the CDC guidlines or your actions will be punishable by law" is the repeating message. Do you want to go outside? Temp check. Do you want to enter the supermarkert? Temp check. Where have you been lately? Well local authoroties have a detailed list. You've been here, here, and oh you traveled to Texas from NY on this date, and you did this, this and this... You're a high risk for COVID-19, so you're not allowed inside. Constant drone coverage could be next. Imagine drones following your exact movements. I could see this and so much more.

Stop shitting your pants the US for all it’s flaws is not China. Neither major political party is into that crap.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There was that time my doctor had me swallow a pill camera & wear a receiver on my belly for a couple of days so they could play it back... does that count? I still have it, all cleaned up. What if the damned thing is still working & connected to the internet?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There was that time my doctor had me swallow a pill camera & wear a receiver on my belly for a couple of days so they could play it back... does that count? I still have it, all cleaned up. What if the damned thing is still working & connected to the internet?
One way to spill your guts, I guess.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As long as we are imagining things, I would like to see a world of total surveillance done by a beneficent AI that that protects people from physical and verbal abuse throughout life while giving positive support to human kindness.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yes. But, things can happen quickly. :(

Yeah, that's for sure. In just three weeks in March, most of the country went from "Land of the free, and the home of the brave" to "STAY HOME OR DIE OF COVID!!!"

After two months of this crap, I'd imagine that a lot of people will be willing to give up some core liberties for the illusion of safety. The founding fathers must be spinning in their graves right now.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
My invasion of privacy started with the Patriot Act.

Yeah, 9-11 brought us a lot of fun government oversight like TSA agents, the expansion of the NSA. The 2008 mortgage meltdown brought is a ton of onerous business regulations as well. I can't want to see what they come up to enhance our "health and welfare" now.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yeah, that's for sure. In just three weeks in March, most of the country went from "Land of the free, and the home of the brave" to "STAY HOME OR DIE OF COVID!!!"

After two months of this crap, I'd imagine that a lot of people will be willing to give up some core liberties for the illusion of safety. The founding fathers must be spinning in their graves right now.
And this is how your day drinking started?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

A telephone pole is the tall wooden pole along streets on which utilities mount their lines.
A telephone poll is when someone calls your phone taking a survey, a.k.a. a poll about your opinion on some topic.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I don't mind.. if the government doesn't mind I stand nude in front of the cameras!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yeah, 9-11 brought us a lot of fun government oversight like TSA agents, the expansion of the NSA. The 2008 mortgage meltdown brought is a ton of onerous business regulations as well. I can't want to see what they come up to enhance our "health and welfare" now.
Yep and if this push towards Medicare for all continues bye bye HIPPA hello we have every piece of information about you. For your own health and safety, of course.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
The 2008 mortgage meltdown brought is a ton of onerous business regulations as well.
Um, that was because we really can't afford having greedy psychopath criminals crashing the entire world economy yet again purely because of their own unfathomable thirst for more money and profits, no matter how shady a manner it is gained.

There's no such thing as absolute freedom - not in a civilized country anyway. Only five-year-olds reason like that. Oh, and teenager wannabe-anarchists. The closest thing we have to something like that is Somalia, Kongo and Afghanistan. Maybe a couple others too.

Some restrictions will always be with us, so that our society may continue to exist.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Um, that was because we really can't afford having greedy psychopath criminals crashing the entire world economy yet again purely because of their own unfathomable thirst for more money and profits, no matter how shady a manner it is gained.

There's no such thing as absolute freedom - not in a civilized country anyway. Only five-year-olds reason like that. Oh, and teenager wannabe-anarchists. The closest thing we have to something like that is Somalia, Kongo and Afghanistan. Maybe a couple others too.

Some restrictions will always be with us, so that our society may continue to exist.

You should see the amount of financial auditing paperwork that's required now, even for small and medium size businesses. Most of it has nothing to do with the mortgage meltdown... it's just a cash grab to create more billable busywork for the auditing firms, law firms, and accounting agencies.