Are you part of the Blogger wave!?!?!

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I just found out about this 3 days ago and started up my own Blogger site. What it is (for those of you that don't know) is pretty much an added script of code that acts as a web log. You type in something whenever you feel like it and up it goes to the website. Its extremely easy to use and thats probably why its becoming just a big hit. Like I said I started my 3 days ago and you can find it here. So far I've seen an article in Time magazine and also on ZDnet. I think this will be big. Soon thousands upon thousands of blogger sites will be up.

Blogger

areohbe

Banned
Oct 14, 2001
i kept one up for a month or so about a year ago then just got tired of it... after a while it just sounded like i was describing my whole life up on there... nobody needs to know what a sad life i lead :)

VirusDub

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001

<< quite a rock you've crawled out from under... >>

Agreed. I myself have steered clear of this "wave".

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
OK look, I know this has been around for a while but I just now found out about it and its just NOW becoming a big thing in the general public. Plus I searched for 5 months back for blog and only came up with a hit in January that got like 5 responses so I figure maybe this post will get more. No need for the flaming

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< OK look, I know this has been around for a while but I just now found out about it and its just NOW becoming a big thing in the general public. Plus I searched for 5 months back for blog and only came up with a hit in January that got like 5 responses so I figure maybe this post will get more. No need for the flaming >>

Easy there, Trigger. I don't see anyone flaming you.

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001

<< Are you part of the Blogger wave!?!?! >>

No, I am not part of the 'Blogger wave'.

rootaxs

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2000
Actually it's been a hit before, at least a year already. Only thing is it was never publicized by the known publishers you mentioned. My favorite would be GrayMatter. That's perhaps the best weblog script out there.

Somehow i get the same feeling from the local news channel when they show their Technology updates. For the life of me i can't even figure out why they'd still call it "new"-s.

:)

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
yeah, pretty soon it'll be as common as people using PHP Nuke with the same damn default layout every time :)

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Blogger is soooooo 2001 ;)

Seriously though, I did set up a Blog on a website I created for a human resources
consultant and that pretty much removed any coolness I held for the application.