Are you metrosexual?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
I would say I fall into my own category.

No-one can compare me to anyone, not that i know of, I have such a strange personality.

I am fussy about how I look and i like nice clothes etc and yeah, if i go out and my hair looks slightly wrong it will piss me off, but i dont read books or any other crap on the list.
Ah.... you're a bimbo then.

Or it sure sounds like it to me ;)

Im intelligent, so no, i'm not a bimbo :p

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: tantos
I guess I am one..but hell no would I wear a pink shirt. It's all dark colors for me.
But then again, if Jesse Ventura wore a pink shirt, would you call him gay?
Hell he use to wear a Feathered Boa!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I believe in the late 80's early 90's men were more Metro Sexual than they are now. Italian Clothes, fancy watches, styled hair, Remy Martin for drinks, fancy Sport Cars, Gold Coke Spoon around the neck or other Bling Bling and the like were more common among everyday men than now because all that stuff was more affordable. Now bit seems like Shaved Heads, Goatees and Tatoos are in fashion..at least among the common man. Again maybe it's my generation that has unpussified since then.

How much more Metro Sexual can one get than the New Wave Fad of the 80's can one get?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I'm not uber high in my upkeep but I watch my diet,exercise and try to take care to dress,smell and wear cosmetics in an attractive fashion.I also have manners and know how to act at more upscale social functions.I don't expect a man to act like he's on the cover of GQ but I do expect him to be reasonably trim and fit and dressed and groomed appropriately.I take care of myself why would I want a man who didn't do the same?

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Yes, [but I keep a beard during winter months, well trimmed and groomed of course :p ]

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I believe in the late 80's early 90's men were more Metro Sexual than they are now. Italian Clothes, fancy watches, styled hair, Remy Martin for drinks, fancy Sport Cars, Gold Coke Spoon around the neck or other Bling Bling and the like were more common among everyday men than now because all that stuff was more affordable. Now bit seems like Shaved Heads, Goatees and Tatoos are in fashion..at least among the common man. Again maybe it's my generation that has unpussified since then.

How much more Metro Sexual can one get than the New Wave Fad of the 80's can one get?

I agree with Red for the most part even though I was a wee youn-un in the late 80s-90s I have done pricing research and higher end luxury (non tech) items and services were far more affordable in the 80s-90s than they are today...the industries seem to have polarized and you go from extremes...nice watches, drinks and other services are desired by the uber wealthy whereas mainstream prefers budget or bang for the buck, there is no mid ground any longer....tis a shame for those of us who like nice watches and cars but not the uber high price that is associated with many :)

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: brigden

I appreciate the finer things in life. You like monster trucks.

and, in the end, you all end up on an internet message board arguing over a jargon

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Fellas, look, yes I wear some items of clothing that your average wrestling fan might scoff at, and it is true I spend far too much effort on my appearance, and perhaps far too much money on clothing, but one thing remains; I am still as honest and as genuine as the guy in the Nike T-shirt and baseball cap.

Yes, I wear a pink tailored shirt and I shine my shoes, but I can guarentee that within five minutes of conversation none of you would fail to recognize I am a red-blooded man, and certainly more than capable of standing up for myself and protecting my woman.

Call me meterosexual, call me a wuss, or, call me gay; it doesn't bother me. I am completely secure in my manhood.

If you think wearing specific colours is definitive of one's sexuality, we need to readdress what we're teaching our children.

mindmaniac

Dec 30, 2003
I would have to say that I am. Saturday I went to the mall and got really giddy when I saw all the clothes sales and got this really soft merino wool sweater for $15.00. I'm pretty sure things like that make me a metro.

kracmunkie

May 1, 2002
Originally posted by: brigden
I'm very into clothing, jackets, shoes, etc. I always wear either fibre gel, or styling mud. I'm thin, neat and tidy, like cats, subscribe to Esquire, shop at Ikea, but can't cook. I hate sports, don't know a thing about cars, I help my GF shop for clothes and routinely choose her outfits for a night out.

I also, like tanlines, voluptuous figures, large breasts, legs that go on forever, drinking copious amounts of larger until I puke, Schwartzenegger movies, and comic books, but I've never seen Titanic.

I'm straight as an arrow.

props to you...all these others idiots are probably fat, ugly, reclusive homophobes (you ever see that ATOT meeting pic? one word: yikes). Go to any big city and metrosexuals abound, and damn they look good. Thats why I date one. He's the perfect balance, big and strong and can take of his appearance as well. More time for me to shop for myself!

--Jen