Are YOU in Miami? Police urging you to *stay indoors*

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/...i.shootings/index.html

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A massive manhunt is under way after four Miami-Dade County, Florida, police officers were shot Thursday, a police spokeswoman said. One of the officers later died, Miami Mayor Carlos Alvarez said.

Cmdr. Linda O'Brien identified the suspect as Kevin Wehner, 30, whom she said should be considered "armed and dangerous."

The conditions of the other three officers, who had been conducting robbery surveillance at a residential complex in Cutler Bay were not released.

Officers said Wehner was "driving erratically" in the complex and when police tried to stop him, he fired a high-powered rifle at the officers.

O'Brien said she was unsure if the officers returned fire.

Several law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are assisting in the search. A car believed to be driven by Wehner was found at a nearby canal. The rifle was found at the scene.

A large security perimeter has been set up to search for the suspect, and police are urging residents to stay indoors.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Dammit! If I were at home I'd be asking if California was close enough to Miami to use the excuse to my boss that the cops said to stay in doors. :(

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
man how bad would it suck to be the 1st guy? he had his name and pictures all over the news. claiming he was a cop killer. man he is lucky nobody fucking shot him!

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
like any of us here reading atot thought "yeah, i think i'm actually going to step outside today"

Feb 24, 2001
Was following a thread at another forum.

The first news reports said it was a chubby white guy.

Then the news posted a picture and it was a skinny black dude.

Either he burns calories on that run and tans like a bitch outside, or the news screws up as usual in the name of sensationalism.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Was following a thread at another forum.

The first news reports said it was a chubby white guy.

Then the news posted a picture and it was a skinny black dude.

Either he burns calories on that run and tans like a bitch outside, or the news screws up as usual in the name of sensationalism.

lmao....