Are you hosted at Ripplehost? Doing email thru them? *FIXED, thanks*

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Hey all. I bought a domain and am hosted at Ripplehost. The domain is up and I can login, blahblahblah.

But, I can't check my email thru Web2mail, as it won't authenticate.

If I login to Ripplehosts' Control Panel, and use their webmail applet, it works fine.

I tried POP3/IMAP and neither one works.

I like using Mail2Web as it's quick and easy...going thru the control panel is a 12-step PITA.

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
If it's not your default e-mail, your username is your COMPLETE email address (not just the username).

Try that.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
I was having some issues in the past week with them as well. I'm thinking they changed something or other because everything worked swimmingly before then. I could be smoking crack.

Try using your user name as "user+domain.com". If that doesn't work, use "user@domain.com"

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
If it's not your default e-mail, your username is your COMPLETE email address (not just the username).

Try that.

Yeah, I tried that and I get

Error : Login Failure. Please check your email address and re-enter your password.

I even went into the control panel and reset my password for that email account. The account I use for daily mail IS NOT the default user email account. :(

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
I even went into the control panel and reset my password for that email account. The account I use for daily mail IS NOT the default user email account. :(
Username+domain

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Can you temporarily change your password, let me login and give it a try?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
I got it.

At Mail2Web, I had to go to Advanced Login, and put in Ripplehost's server IP, then account@domain.com, then password.

PITA!!!!! There's gotta be an easier way!

Thanks guys.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I got it.

At Mail2Web, I had to go to Advanced Login, and put in Ripplehost's server IP, then account@domain.com, then password.

Thanks guys.

Your domain has already propogated, right?

There is an easier way, your incoming/outgoing mail server is

mail.yourdomain.com
mail.yourdomain.com

Go ahead and give it a try

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
I got it.

Thanks guys.

Your domain has already propogated, right?

There is an easier way, your incoming/outgoing mail server is

mail.yourdomain.com
mail.yourdomain.com

Go ahead and give it a try

*dingdingdingding!!!!* Give that man a cee-gar!!! :beer::cool: You got it, RossMAN! Thanks much. That IS much easier.

Thanks again for the tip on Ripplehost. I didn't do the free account..I paid my $5. :D Hopefully, next year, it won't be too much more expensive. I plan on putting my FTP on there...but I only have 1Gig storage...that ain't gonna cut it!

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
minendo - Really? What is Exim?

blackdogdeek - As of a few days ago it was still $4.99, so I think it is still $4.99/yr