Are you happy where you are currently in life?

happysmiles

May 1, 2012
A year ago I was bored with my life so I bought a ticket with my lady for a two year euro trip.

im now one year in, just turned 23 and going to Spain today.

I feel satisfied but I can feel the end coming when I need to start thinking about career and settling down.

How do you guys feel?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Keep going, trust me. I've been there. The career/settling down thing will always be there, and once you do it it is very, very hard to go back.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm very happy where I am in life. I have an awesome full time job, my own house, and overall life is really good. I could not really ask for more. More money is always better but no amount of money is going to make someone happy, so I may as well be happy with what I have. I find my 20's have been the best time of my life. Especially after graduating from college and getting a job. Then things got better when I bought my house at 23 and started to have my own Independence. I'm 26 now. Time flies.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
So so... I could definitely use a better job but in terms of finances and health, everything is going pretty well. My social life needs a little work though.

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
When I got bored with life at 18 I was poor so I had to do drugs instead of go to Europe. Now 9 years later I'm 2 years clean and finally have my own apartment a decent job and such so I'm happier than I was then.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Are you happy where you are currently in life?

A year ago I was bored with my life so I bought a ticket with my lady for a two year euro trip.

I feel satisfied but I can feel the end coming when I need to start thinking about career and settling down.

How do you guys feel?

1%ers suck, stay in Europe don't come back

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
it's kind of a sine wave for me. the highs are high, and the lows are low. right now i'm somewhere negative trying to get back to positive.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
No. And if it gets even a little bit worse, I'm afraid of what will happen to me. Ever felt your life was in a downward spiral and you couldn't get back up?

I'm at the very bottom of that spiral. :(

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
My job sucks donkey balls... but it is a steady paycheck and i have loads of free time to spend with my kids.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Well, things could be better but when I take stock in my life I have:
A beautiful and loving wife (No pics!)
A loving and supportive family
Great friends
A good job
While not wealthy my finances are sound w/ retirement savings coming along nicely
A decent house

Are there things I wish I had? Absolutely but I have to remember to keep it all in perspective about what I already have

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i'll be happier when i start my new job in a few weeks, but i'm still happy in my current state. wish i had more $$ to do even more traveling.

that said, i'm pretty well off w/my current job and pay. i just wish i could take like 5-6 vacations a year instead of 3-4 heh.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I have everything, but one. Everything in life is free, but one. There are many options I can take, I choose just one.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
My daughter is turning 2 and has brought so much happiness to my life already. Coupled with a new challenging and rewarding job, I'd say I'm pretty happy right now.

Oh, and the wife is ok too, I guess I'll keep her around ;)

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006

How do you guys feel?
Yes I'm happy and fuck you and your "lady" for wasting two years of your lives being unproductive and bumming around Europe...get your ass back to your own damn country and do something with your life

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Happy enough. Decent job, time to do the shit I love (and almost enough $ for it) my new place is good. I wouldn't mind meeting a cool girl that likes to do the same things. Then I'd be set.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Yep, I'm happy. Love my job (most of the time, anyway), I'm in my early 40's and both of my kids have gone on to good careers with a great start. I've got plenty of relaxing (to me; most people would call them work) hobbies to keep me more than busy enough. (Just planted 9 trees last night: 3 apple, 2 pear, 2 peach, 2 cherry; and will plant 8 blueberry bushes, 8 raspberry bushes, and a grape vine tonight.) It was very satisfying to sit out on the patio, gazing out toward the new rows of fruit trees, and watching lightning bugs, while sipping on a nice cold beer last night.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
If you had asked me this six months ago, it would have been a resounding no. Dead end job, best friend/occasional gf buggered off without telling me, no money, zero career prospects despite an education. A lot has changed since then.

I have a decent job and I'm in the process of saving for a house. I've been making a few changes to my lifestyle. Trying to stop living like a hermit, trying to get fit. It's really having my own place that would cap it. Figure I can scoop up something nice when the housing bubble bursts, which analysts say will happen next year. I now have enough money to do a few things on my bucket list, and the time too. No longer working 11hr days and I get guaranteed two weeks vacation. So my cross Canada train trip is now within the realm of possibility. I also want to start riding. Going to a motocross class/tour in a couple of weeks. So yeah, things are going good for me right now.

Cookie

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Absolutely happy where I am now in life.

A year ago was the lowest point, a year before that and for the previous couple years was 'meh', but right now is absolutely awesome. Not everything is perfect, but even the areas less than perfect are showing promising signs of improvement.