• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Are you guys this honest......

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
what would you do

Ill be honest, i would have looked in the bag and kept it. Who else is with me?
I know, i know, there are lots of honest ATOT'ers good for you, but id keep the money

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
She only gave him $20.... Ridiculous. She should have given him an M3.

EDIT: But she'll get hers when all the press causes the IRS to wonder why she has thousands of dollars in a purse.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I would have taken the $3,000. To get over the guilt, I would buy myself something really nice. :D

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah, I would have returned it. A long time ago I was at the library and this woman left a purse by the computers used to search through their books, etc. Nobody was paying any attention and I could have easily slipped it under my shirt or blended it in with my books and folders. I took it up to one of the library employees and told them where she left it.

nebula

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
On second thought, I may not work that hard to contact the owner, but if they returned to the store looking for it as in this case...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Ranger X
I would have taken the $3,000. To get over the guilt, I would buy myself something really nice. :D
i would also If i knew i could get away with it.

but to just give the guy $20? pfft. i would at least give the guy a hundred or so.

I lost my wallet about a year ago. A 14 yr old kid from down the street ofund it and returned it to me. It still had the $100 i had at the time. i was shocked! it still had it.

So i gave the kid the money and told him thanks. latter him and his mother came back to give me the money (she thought he stole it) when i told her no it was a reward for giving it back.

i have pictures, SS card, id's Credit card etc. stuff that is a pain to lose.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i would have been like sweet i just found 3000$

Digital SLR hear i come

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Ranger X
i would also If i knew i could get away with it.

but to just give the guy $20? pfft. i would at least give the guy a hundred or so.

I lost my wallet about a year ago. A 14 yr old kid from down the street ofund it and returned it to me. It still had the $100 i had at the time. i was shocked! it still had it.

So i gave the kid the money and told him thanks. latter him and his mother came back to give me the money (she thought he stole it) when i told her no it was a reward for giving it back.

i have pictures, SS card, id's Credit card etc. stuff that is a pain to lose.
Wow, that's awesome of you! I found this really hot girl's backpack before because she lost it during lunch time, all she said was thanks. :|

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Nebor

EDIT: But she'll get hers when all the press causes the IRS to wonder why she has thousands of dollars in a purse.
You're kidding, right? He didn't even deserve the $20. People do NOT deserve a reward for doing exactly what should be done. Rewards are for going above and beyond the call of duty, this definitely does not qualify.

It's a sad, sad statement about current society that people think rewards are required for normal, decent behaviour. It doesn't say much good about a person if he demands monetary compensation to be a decent human being.

ZV

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

You're kidding, right? He didn't even deserve the $20. People do NOT deserve a reward for doing exactly what should be done. Rewards are for going above and beyond the call of duty, this definitely does not qualify.

It's a sad, sad statement about current society that people think rewards are required for normal, decent behaviour. It doesn't say much good about a person if he demands monetary compensation to be a decent human being.

ZV
Zenmervolt is right, but with corrupt societies, jealousy and peer pressure, people get the wrong idea. :(

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002

The IRS doesn't care if you have 3 grand in a purse.

If you had 100 grand, they might start inquiring.
Banks doesn't report cash transactions that low, so the IRS isn't going to care.

Unkempt1

Dec 30, 2003
I probably would have returned it as well. I would have felt bad knowing that I had kept $3,000 that belonged to someone else. Who knows, perhaps they had something very important to do with that money.

ASK THE COMMUNITY