Are you for or against the Patriot Act?

hopeless879

Mar 4, 2002
I'm just trying to get a consensus of the general public as to wether or not they are for or against the Patriot Act. Since Ashcroft seems to think it is only special interest groups are against and and the normal citizen is for it and just wants to be safe.

As for me, I am against it.

Edit: Forgot the poll.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I am generally against any legislation passed in the heat of the moment such as the so called Patriot Act.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm for it, but it doesn't go far enough. I think kids should be trained in school to rat out their parents. There should also be special courses that teach what it means to be a patriotic American.

hopeless879

Mar 4, 2002
So does anyone here know of anybody, who is not a politician, who is actually for the Patriot Act? Because I don't.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Looks like you're gonna have to tally the results by hand and draw a little bar using '|' characters since you forgot the poll!

I vote nay

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Are we talking about Patriot Act II?

Is there anybody outside the Justice Dept. who would support secret arrests?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Well.. the bill of rights has not been amended yet so what ever the provisions contained in the act are they must conform to the BofR.. I further think, the best eyes are all around us... we should give jr G men badges to all the under 16 year olds and deputize them.. rights are rights ... and wrongs can be rights or wrongs.. It don't go far enough..

Every American should be made to have a tattoo on their forehead indicating their allegiance... or some kind of mark..

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I am for an act of Patriot's(turfing the shenaniganites out!), but not the Patiot Act. I'm not an American though, so the Act has no affect on me.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas
I am generally against any legislation passed in the heat of the moment such as the so called Patriot Act.

Ditto and ones that prevert the bill of rights in anyway.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: Jadow
For it.

why?

Because it makes it harder for terrorists to operate in the US. It has held up 100% to constitutional legal challenges, and it does NOT affect the every day life of your average american, such as me. It only makes life harder for terrorists, and a few people may be inconvenienced a little bit. You're buying a lot of security for just a little inconvenience. Besides, most of the stuff in the Patriot act is just stuff that the feds used to to before liberals raped them dry and left em powerless.